Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phibsborough property

Options
  • 04-12-2006 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

anybody bought in phibsborough? it seems like it's got a bit to go before it's going to be nice and well serviced but property there is already really quite expensive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well, as a person who has lived there, I think it's a fantastic area with excellent services - compared to where I live now in Ringsend. There isn't even a DVD rental here. In fact, I hope to move back to Phibsborough or Glasnevin/Drumcondra in the new year. It's got tons of shops, banks, restaurants - any services you need, and it's right next to lovely leafy areas like Glasnevin and North Circular Road. And you've got the Botanic Gardens only up the road too. Tons of buses as well (although you still spend half your life waiting for them but hey! That's Dublin Bus for ya). And two DVD rentals!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

diego wrote:
    anybody bought in phibsborough? it seems like it's got a bit to go before it's going to be nice and well serviced but property there is already really quite expensive.

Jaysus, what phibsboro are you talking about? It might not be Ranelagh or Rathmines but it's a decent spot with loads of amenities all the same.

sweetie wrote:
    Rathmines

I think Phibsborough's way nicer than Rathmines, tbh. Some parts of Rathmines are well shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dudess wrote:
    I think Phibsborough's way nicer than Rathmines, tbh. Some parts of Rathmines are well shabby.

You must be joking?, Phibsbo-rough before Rathmines, hmm just what shabby part of Rathmines sells for an equivalent type property in Phibsbo-rough ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Have you lived in Phibsborough? Never encountered any roughness there whatsoever myself. As for prices, the southside generally seems to be more expensive than the northside anyway. Rents-wise, you could get a room in a lovely place in Drumcondra for €450 a month. You would not get decent accommodation for that on the southside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Murty

Even though I left Phibsboro its very central with good Banks, shops, restaurants, dalymount Park, mater hospital, bars and good bus services close to the Broadstone, Phoenix Park, and beautiful botanic gardens – nice stroll into town.

At its centre is the crossroads known as Doyle’s Corner in which I believe from a local the pubs in the crossroad where very posh where the wealthy, well dressed stop for a quick drink, leaving the house and cart outside – just before they went to Glasnevin cemetery.

The area retains still much of its original Victorian architecture, including terraces of red-brick houses which can be seen on the North Circular Rd and majestic churches, such as St. Peter's Church, as well as number of traditional Irish pubs such as ‘The Hut’. In most recent years, Phibsboro has experienced a renaissance and house prices in the area have increased a lot. A €75 million redevelopment plan for the Phibsboro shopping centre has been given planning approval by Dublin City Council – plan to revamp the 1967 shopping centre which has become dated.

Unfortunately when a relationship did its course moved in with strangers in a house in Phibsboro - it was the worse experience of my life they were complete psycho’s one girl took a complete dislike to me from day no:1 and made me feel uncomfortable living there and the bad negative energy never left the house.
    Phibsboro is a great besides that horrible experience in that bad Karma house and I lived there a number of years and its not rough there are worse places in Dublin.

Murty wrote:
    Unfortunately when a relationship did its course moved in with strangers in a house in Phibsboro - it was the worse experience of my life they were complete psycho’s one girl took a complete dislike to me from day no:1 and made me feel uncomfortable living there and the bad negative energy never left the house.
    Phibsboro is a great besides that horrible experience in that bad Karma house and I lived there a number of years and its not rough there are worse places in Dublin.

Ah I didn't take that much of a disliking to you, Murty! ;)
    Yeah I would highly recommend Phibsborough. It just has that ridiculous northside stigma attached to it. If it were in the southside, people wouldn't be able to speak highly enough of it. However, as long as such snobbery exists, rents won't be as high as the southside, so happy days for people like me! No more Dalymount Park, though. Shame. I used to enjoy the primal roar that emanated from it when Shamrock Rovers were playing Cork City. Believe it or not, it's being replaced by - of all things - apartments :rolleyes:. Doyles Corner can be a bit dodgy all right - but at 3 in the morning, which is the case with most places. As for the shopping centre, yeah, it's hideous. In serious need of a revamp. Yucky sixties/seventies, Clockwork Orange-style architecture is just not cool!
    Gravediggers pub is just up the road too. What a great spot!

Advertisement