Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for orders BF2142

Options
  • 04-12-2006 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Playing BF2142 now for 2 weeks. Loving it. Haven’t played online in a while (since Tribes Vengeance – oh those lovely jetpacks :D )

It’s obvious that you need to be part of a squad to get the most from this game.

Hence my problem.
    • Either a squad is good and it is locked out.
    • Or the squad is bad where the leader won’t issue orders or the squad won’t follow orders.

I haven’t started my own squad yet because I know more xp is needed.

All I want is orders. I’m in a long term relationship so following orders is second nature to me.:o

I’m going to try the servers mentioned on the boards. Hope to see you there

Bf2142 Name : Buadhach

BTW How do you Know who are boardies? (other than having a list of boardies BF2142 names :p )

If you're not in a Clan could we agree to put in the name Boards for our clan so we can see each other?????
    I don’t know if this’ll work.

www.gunsforfun.com
    BF2142 : 193.93.45.207:16567
    Teamspeak : 193.93.44.93:8921

.:iE/
    BF2142 : 82.192.78.142:18567
    Teamspeak : 83.82.5.14:8767 password = pizza

-<{1st-IB}>-
    BF2142 : 81.19.208.55:16577[/SIZE]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Hi Buadhach,
    Myself and one or two friends normally play 2142 a couple of times a week and play in a squad ('godsquad' or 'muppets'), we're still a bit newbish, but you'd be more than welcome to come along.
    We'll be playing tonight, and i can add you to my buddy list if you like.

My online nick is - noffo_dei

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Buadhach

Cheers Doc

With shift work I'm normally log in late. 9ish.
    Thanks for the invite. I'll keep an eye out.

The Muppets :D cool name.
    As homer says Well, it's not quite a mop, it's not quite a puppet, but man...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i play almost every day, there is usually 1 or 2 boardsies in my squad and we usually finish top squad.

Jaggeh_ie is my player name, i prefer titan games, long walks down the belgrade streets and earning my wheels of hazard pins in gibraltar.

I enjoy being a squad leader as long as the squad work together, its very rare that a random squad will work together but it enhances the fun to the Nth degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I haven’t started my own squad yet because I know more xp is needed.

You dont need any xp to start a squad, anyone can do it. If you are talking about the Squad Leader advancements (?) just get the beacon, the other two are pretty useless IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Cheers for the mention of .:iE m8!
    I jayzus love nothing more then walker whoring and hope to be no.1 battle walker whore in ireland someday! - i also enjoy shooting down jaggeh and schloer in me gunship every once in a while :D

Oh and im sure i can set u up in the .:iE/ squads we make so if u got TS im sure we'd be happy to dish out orders :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Yeah the game is most fun when playing in an organised squad/clan.

Still waiting to get my PC fixed jayzus.
    I stopped playing when I started the new job, but like I said I would, I did... quit it. Now my PC is broke :(
    Waiting to get a Windows CD off a mate to hopefully restore it.

Hows the clan coming along?

You dont need any xp to start a squad, anyone can do it. If you are talking about the Squad Leader advancements (?) just get the beacon, the other two are pretty useless IMO.

I mean xp so as not to get the entire team wasted. I don't think I could live with that on my conscience.
    On the other hand gutting my enemy with my lovely knife as he screams...no problems.
    Funny that.:rolleyes:

When I spawn on the beacon and come down in the pod I normally try to land a little bit away from the SL. When I land I take a mo to see if there's any company. I've always thought it's bad to advertise the SL's position. Especially in Conquest. What'd think?

Hercule wrote:
    Oh and im sure i can set u up in the .:iE/ squads we make so if u got TS im sure we'd be happy to dish out orders

I've never used VOIP. I reckon it's a big adv over squads without it. Is there a reason you use TS and not the in-game software?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

If your looking for Squad based action, check out the BFDS clan server at:
    85.236.101.108:16567 (Multiplay.co.uk :: 1st [BFDS] recruiting)

There's usually clan members on every night and their squads always use orders and VOIP too.

p.s. I'm a BFDS clan member:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the in-game voip uses more bandwidth than TS so it can have an effect if your soundcard isnt up to the task, audigy2 or better can handle in-game voip and ts at the same time with no real issues,

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

teamspeak uses higher quality codecs for transmitting sounds and doesnt lag-up as much as the ingame voip does. We turned it off on our server - to the annoyance of a certain clan :p but after it was turned off it was a lot smoother - also using a program like TS allows us greater control of any would-be spammers or troublemakers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Teamspeak is essential dude.
    Dont worry about it feeling like an advantage over people who arent using it.
    Those are the same people who dont want to play as a team/squad and detract from the gameplay.

When you see good squads that are locked, they usually are using Teamspeak...

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

Cheers for 1st-ib's mention too.

If there are a few of us on the server, we usually come top too.
    I just got my 2000 point squad leader ribbon and expert squad leader badge,

So if you jump in my squad.
    Our TS is also open top public: 195.20.109.78:9203

Il add you to my friends list too m8..

Ak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

I started playing a bit of BF2142 recently and would like to play in a squad with some good teamwork!

I'm on the += TP =+ Teamplay server a lot and occasionally on the 1st-IB and just got myself a headset yesterday, so if any of you see "Kawolski" about give me a shout and we can team up.

I play alot on 1st-IB site. It nearly always full and you'll find some good squads.
    You'll also find a lot of boardies on it.
    If you find a good squad/leader you should try to add them to your buddy list so you can find them again.
    Must check out the teamplay server.
    Feel free to add me to your list. "Buadhach"
    I'll add you to my Buddy lists m8.

Advertisement