Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leasing a New Car

Options
  • 04-12-2006 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so a mate is looking at buying a new car, possibly an Audi A4 Quattro.

So its about 46 with a few extra's if he was to Lease ot for 2 years what kind of cost would he be looking at?

Also an Audi dealer told me they might not be able to compete with the main Leasing companies, does anyone know who those companies are??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Try www.jpmg.ie/fleet_services.htm or www.leaseplan.ie or www.avisfleetservices.ie

Some leasing companies won't lease to a private individual, others have a minimum fleet size before considering an order.

As for the cost, it depends on the residual value each leasing company assigns to a car and what interest rate they apply and of course how long the lease period is and what the mileage will be during the lease period. At a guess I reckon it will be €550 plus vat (3yr, 100,000km) before any maintenance contract charges.

Just been informed that JPMG have a new leasing website - www.jpfleet.ie maybe they can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Has anybody here leased a car what are the advantages disadvantages etc. Do ye think its worthwhile or not?

Leasing is most advantageous for companies with a number of cars on their fleet. It means that they have predetermined figure as to how much the fleet will cost - including miantenance, road tax, tyres - assuming they opt for a maintenance contract. Essentially this means that there is no capital outlay, but with a monthly premium in its place.

Leasing for a private individual can have its advantages i.e. set cost, maintenance, etc, but it usually works out more expensive due to conservative residuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Thing about leasing is you can't change anything in the car. I know my companies contract states that even the mats that are supplied are to be returned. Any excessive wear and tear must also be paid for, ie ripped seats, scratches etc

• Advertisement

Onkle51 wrote:
    Thing about leasing is you can't change anything in the car. I know my companies contract states that even the mats that are supplied are to be returned. Any excessive wear and tear must also be paid for, ie ripped seats, scratches etc
    Anything above fair wear and tear is considered to be damage - something that will affect the sale of the car. But the floor mats thing - thats a bit OTT.

Advertisement