Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A tale of Woe and Pixmania

Options
  • 04-12-2006 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Im not one to bash companies , usually i believe people should make up there own mind , and everybody's experience is different , but this just took the biscuit . Way back in August 2006 , i ordered 8 H&B divx players , which arrived promply and then the problems start. On viewing the products 2 were damaged and had to be returned , very badly dented cases like someone had jumped on them.
    So I returned them at my expense (still awaiting that refund) and was informed that it would take a month to process, Fair enough I said wasnt in that much of a rush for them.
    1 month came and went and contacting pixmania got the same reply "we will contact our sale department and confirm what the problem is and get back to you" . was a re occurring issue untill well in to month 3, when A Divx player was returned to me (came in perfect condition) but the other was still out standing. Finally after 3 months of waiting the second returned divx player shipped.And arrived this morning. Packaging looked fine, Took it out of the box the Front bezel broken off , not sure there is even a cd tray ,. Discusted have had to ship that back now aswell . I prob could ask from my money back , But i want to get what i ordered as I dont have a dvd player now.
    So very annoyed that I am , what should one do, as a gesture of good faith should they offer me a some sort of bonus refund.
    The real killer in all this is the packaging its terrible , the black plastic bag (cause when it comes down to it thats what it is) is just useless , no marking the item is fragile .

Also I find that most of there staff seem to unable to help,the take ur complain or issue or question and pass it on to which ever department and that department never seem to get back to u.

any way rant over (may its just me )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Since this involves a purchase from a company outside the jurisdiction but within the EU I suggest getting in touch with the European Consumer Centre in Dublin at this website

They might be able to advise you of your rights.

If Pixmania has supplied defective products they have a legal obligation to repair, replace or refund.

If I was you I would be demanding a full refund for all items purchased in addition to a refund of any costs incurred in returning the defective products. I would not under any circumstances continue doing business with a company that treats you in such shoddy (and possibly imo illegal) manner.

Contact the above European centre and once you know your entitlements contact Pixmania with a strongly worded e-mail, fax and letter outlining your legal entitlements and threatening them with legal action if they do not observe your rights as a consumer.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Joeface wrote:
    Im not one to bash companies , usually i believe people should make up there own mind , and everybody's experience is different , but this just took the biscuit . Way back in August 2006 , i ordered 8 H&B divx players , which arrived promply and then the problems start. On viewing the products 2 were damaged and had to be returned , very badly dented cases like someone had jumped on them.
    So I returned them at my expense (still awaiting that refund) and was informed that it would take a month to process, Fair enough I said wasnt in that much of a rush for them.
    1 month came and went and contacting pixmania got the same reply "we will contact our sale department and confirm what the problem is and get back to you" . was a re occurring issue untill well in to month 3, when A Divx player was returned to me (came in perfect condition) but the other was still out standing. Finally after 3 months of waiting the second returned divx player shipped.And arrived this morning. Packaging looked fine, Took it out of the box the Front bezel broken off , not sure there is even a cd tray ,. Discusted have had to ship that back now aswell . I prob could ask from my money back , But i want to get what i ordered as I dont have a dvd player now.
    So very annoyed that I am , what should one do, as a gesture of good faith should they offer me a some sort of bonus refund.
    The real killer in all this is the packaging its terrible , the black plastic bag (cause when it comes down to it thats what it is) is just useless , no marking the item is fragile .

Also I find that most of there staff seem to unable to help,the take ur complain or issue or question and pass it on to which ever department and that department never seem to get back to u.

any way rant over (may its just me )

I bought one of these divx players too , it came in the crappy black plastic covering and the box was all dented and when I opened it the DVD tray was broken .. had to return (used ups via work so cost nowt)

That was about 20 days ago , I was told it could take 15 working days to process ... have not heard anything since ... gonna ring tomorrow to check up on it .. I don't think much of their after sales service though :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Rebeller wrote:
    Contact the above European centre and once you know your entitlements contact Pixmania with a strongly worded e-mail, fax and letter outlining your legal entitlements and threatening them with legal action if they do not observe your rights as a consumer.

Make sure you demand all your costs off Pixmania, they are simply taking the piss now. The European Consumer Centre would only need to hear "A Certain French Electronics Supplier" mentioned to know it was Pixmania.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Joeface

Well Sponge Bob thats the part i had left out , I did email Pixmania yesterday and demanded the refund off all my money from the orig order. Thanks for the other pointers though. lookin at the Consumer Affairs website at the mo.

lizard king ur mistaken its not 15days , U must have the item returned to them with in 15days , and its approx one month for return because it is shipped back to the manufacture so they can confirm the damage. Sorry to hear ur going down the same road as me. But the Divx players when working are excellent , I aint found anything they cant play yet.

I got another response from them , does not sound good.

"

Dear XXXXXXX

I'mafraid there is still no trace of that return on the system. I'm afraidthe postal services/courriers can sometimes take a bit longer thanexpected to deliver the shipment.
    When it gets here, an expert examines the goods, which can sometimes takea few days, and then it comes onto the system. Only when it has reachedthat stage can we exchange or refund the product(s).
    Please bear with us for a few more days. You will receive an email as soon as the item is entered onto the system.

Thank you for your comprehension and patience.

Best regards,
    Team Pixmania

"

Thing is I sent it via UPS so have proof it was accepted in the UK returns area. It should have been shipped from there back to france. I don't know what to do now, unlikely I'll be getting the player or refund before xmas ... As a matter of Interest how did you email them ? via the site or do you have an email address to use?

I tried the 0818 phone number for the call center yesterday about 5 times and everytime the number timed out and said all operators were busy and to call back or fill out FAQ on website .... very very frustrating ..... :-{

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ring your card provider and charge back the credit card for the full value of the items they lost and then send pixmania an email telling them you did and to cancel the thing . If they lost it they lost it and thats that but they have it and you do not so charge back the value.

That still leaves the issue outstanding of costs incurred by you shipping back items, only.

Use the european consumer centre for that , its a live issue for them.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    ring your card provider and charge back the credit card for the full value of the items they lost and then send pixmania an email telling them you did and to cancel the thing . If they lost it they lost it and thats that but they have it and you do not so charge back the value.

That still leaves the issue outstanding of costs incurred by you shipping back items, only.

Use the european consumer centre for that , its a live issue for them.

I gave them another chance and emailed again this time threathening the charge back ... heres there response

"
    I'mafraid there is still no trace of that return on the system. Please note that we are looking into this and will gte back to you as soon as we have any news.

Thank you for your comprehension and patience.
    Best regards,
    Team Pixmania
    "

I'm thinking of doing this charge back on the CC thingy but am unsure they will be able to do it as the order contained a dvd player and some blank dvds , I only sent back the faulty dvd player .. do I charge back the full order cost or just the dvd player + delivery + vat + zen engagement cost ????

Any Advice ?

Just got this response 1 month after returning the item ....

"
    Today we have received your product for repairs and we have directly transmitted it to the after sales services of the manufacturer.

Quantity Description
    1 DVD/DivX Player DX-3255 H&B 14140196

Before proceeding with the eventual repairs of your product, the Manufacturer's After Sales will submit the product to technical experts. This necessary process to evaluate the state of your product will take no longer than 6 weeks.
    After this inspection, 2 options will be possible :

If your product is under the manufacturer guaranty (1st year) or Pixmania.com guaranty (2nd Year), the repairs will be done at no extra cost.

If the damage done to your product is not covered under the guaranty (accidental damage…), an estimate will be offered to you.

Thank you for your trust

James Felix
    Customer Service Director

"

It could take another 6 weeks to process .... WHAT THE F*CK ???

These guys Pride themselves on there after sales service !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

This is a Link to an internet industry retailers organisation, and I've seen it referred to on anothr forum also in connection with Pixmania. Iixmania is a member.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Advertisement