Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent 360 Games at Xtravision

• 04-12-2006 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

This week, Xtravision are rolling out their new Xbox 360 rental selection.

I have no information on pricing information, what I.D./deposit/special conditions (if any) needed to rent these games nor any information regarding the range of titles.

It appears this was a last minute decision or a very well kept secret in the company.

All I can say is, woohoo!

I will update when I know more.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

ye a friend of mine heard that last week, i posted in one of the 360 rental threads the other day asking you if you knew if it was true. Luckily it is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

ye a friend of mine heard that last week, i posted in one of the 360 rental threads the other day asking you if you knew if it was true. Luckily it is :)

Oh sorry I must have missed it!

Good news though. Take a load off the wallet I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Thats great. Try before you buy lol:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Interesting. Will be good to see how much it is and what kind of selection they'll have.

• Advertisement

With all these cheap bundles and tesco giving them away, i doubt they'll be short of ppl looking to rent games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Finally :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Just called into one of my local xtravision in waterford city and they said after xmas they'll be renting them. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Excellent. Although it's still quite a blow on the wallet renting DVDs never mind games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

well that is good news at last.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Great news, and about time too. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

any sign of hd dvds to rent.......
    thats what im waiting on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Sweeeeet!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

strange because my store (an A store, i.e. makes profit & is quite bit, sells everything) was told that it will be february that 360 rentals begin...
    any sign of hd dvds to rent.......
    thats what im waiting on.

no rental place will be doing hd-dvd or blu-ray until the consumer decides what they want. right now i know D.I.D., power city & harvey norman are more interested in blu-ray, as are the big american retailers (higher markup, i assume)...

All I can say is that maybe the news hasn't filtered out to stores yet but as far as I know this is how the allocations are going for the SOUTH EAST (leinster) district:

Wallbays (sections of xbox 360 games for rent)

Arklow 1 Wallbay
    Bray 1 Wallbay
    Greystones 1
    Enniscorthy 1 or more
    Wexford 1, 1 wallbay
    Wexford 2, half a wallbay
    every other store = 1 wallbay.

That's all I have, the stock is due into stores this week, and will be received on like normal DVD rentals. So, in theory - the stuff should be available to rent after the weekend.*

Project mayhem, keep an eye on your voicemails this week and listen out for the message!

*Speculation. Seems like a reasonable timeframe though.

did you hear anything about pricing yet?

Nah not a jot. I can only guess!

Fingers crossed it's reasonable. I'd say they'll charge the same.

If it was me I'd charge the same i.e:

€5.25 1 night
    €6.50 2 nights
    €7.50 3
    €10.00 week

or
    €6.75 1
    €8.00 2
    €9.00 3 nights
    €12.00 week

Hard to call it.

Hello All,

Update! Rentals rolled out today, I have here proof of this and details:

rental01zj3.png

Outer Box ^ (store name is whats blurred there)

rental1vl5.png

Inside, Splinter Cell Double Agent disc and booklet. I rented it this evening.

Pricing remains the same as PS2 games. Limited selection right now:

Gears of war
    PES6
    Splinter cell
    Test Drive
    Ghost Recon Advanced warfighter
    Godfather

etc. But it's a start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

funkyflea wrote:
    Pricing remains the same as PS2 games.

Which is...this?

€5.25 1 night
    €6.50 2 nights
    €7.50 3
    €10.00 week

Will check my local tomorrow, maybe tonight. Good stuff.

^ Yep that's it, so it seems for now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Movie Star do game rentals if anyone wants to take their month trial and test out a load of games. :)

http://www.moviestar.ie/

Anyone had any luck getting any? Interesting to see if it has rolled out in all stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Sweet. I will be into my local store tomorrow to rent Splinter Cell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

got them in our store today as well,same titles as flunkyflee mentioned. Id imagine they will roll out some more titles in the coming weeks/months. Tis a start anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Can you keep us updated funky as to what new games hit the shelves. My friend has a lot of those titles so I can get a lend from him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

What stores are they in? I was in Xtravision Artane last night and there was no sign. Might have a look around tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They had a few games for rental in the one beside the Penny Hill in Lucan but that one only opened in the last couple of weeks so it would have been daft for them not to have had them.

There are up to 15 titles available (more like 5 or 6 in most stores though). 24 will be available in january sometime.

There are conditions of rental though:
    Firstly, the pricing is an introductory price and when Xtravision start buying newer titles the pricing may go up.
    Also, you need to have the card with you, you can only rent 1 game at a time and you must have 5 rentals on your account with one of them being in the last 6 months.

Also, if you don't bring them back on time you have to be plagued with phonecalls every day until you do, lol. It's a bit strict unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

got my 360 rentals in this week (nortsyde, shwar). decent enough selection i suppose, 2 rows filled up anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

funkyflea wrote:
    There are up to 15 titles available (more like 5 or 6 in most stores though). 24 will be available in january sometime.

There are conditions of rental though:
    Firstly, the pricing is an introductory price and when Xtravision start buying newer titles the pricing may go up.
    Also, you need to have the card with you, you can only rent 1 game at a time and you must have 5 rentals on your account with one of them being in the last 6 months.

Also, if you don't bring them back on time you have to be plagued with phonecalls every day until you do, lol. It's a bit strict unfortunately.

ye we got the big list of conditions for staff in...I suppose at 60-75 quid a pop they don't want them to go missing! It is only select stores that will be renting them as well,bigger stores I would imagine.

Advertisement