Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winchester 9410

Options
  • 04-12-2006 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Anyone know were you might pick up a Winchester 9410?

Hezz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Dunno, I fancied one of these a while back for the fun factor.
    I even asked a dealer to get me a price one one ....he said he couldn't , or he didn't bother; Whatever..!

That was back before Winchester went bust .
    Good luck.!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

A mate of mine is looking for one to use as a vermin control tool around a stable. The 12bore is banned,a rimfire is to dangerous and apparently poison and traps "are distasteful" to the owner.:confused: I have tried one out in the UK a few years back and found them to be quite handy as well as a helluva lot of fun.:)

I would'nt half like one for myself too:D

Hezz

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭vcsggl

York Guns - www.yorkguns.co.uk - claim to have new ones in stock and Mendipclays - www.mendipclays.co.uk have got a s'hand one at the moment.

Very nice little gun

George

vcsggl wrote:
    York Guns - www.yorkguns.co.uk - claim to have new ones in stock and Mendipclays - www.mendipclays.co.uk have got a s'hand one at the moment.

Very nice little gun

George

Merci:)

Hezz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

An airgun would do the job either and would save you the hassle of importing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Ah but you dont get that western kick yeehaaa:D

I have an old Norconia Break barrel .22 which is currently doing the job, but as Sidney said there's no fun is that. Anyway if it starts to be too much hassle a wee s/s will do the trick

Hezz700 wrote:
    Iwee s/s will do the trick

You refering to .22 Shotshel Hezz?

vcsggl wrote:

Very nice little gun

George

Thanks for the tip G, but i struck out on both counts. Dave in Yorkguns told me that that they are rarer than rocking horse droppings.:(

Back to the drawing board so........

Hezz.

You refering to .22 Shotshel Hezz?

Nah, its an an ye ole .22 air rifle from Noahs Ark i was talking about.:D :D Probably will just go for a .410 S/S instead.

I've never used .22 shotshell, are they any good (accurate)???

Hezz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

i would say no not in my mossberg semi.22

dident kill a rat at 1m outright and you would fit a horse in the middle of the pattern at 50yrds

Tried a couple, awfull patern! Hardly scratched a coke bottle at 5m:(

P.S. I find the .22 CB long very usefull. Generates about 30ftlb. One of the lads uses them for pest control with dramatic effect!

Advertisement