Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If ever a new band line-up showed a lot of promise...

• 04-12-2006 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

...it probably looked like this :eek:
    "Mascot Records hereby announces the signing of C-187.

This is a new band formed by ex-PESTILENCE mainman Patrick Mameli (guitar) and further consist of Tony Choy (bass), Sean Reinert (drums) and Tony Jelencovich (vocals).

They will record their debut album in February, 2007 with a release scheduled for summer and a tour for fall. This is going to be one awesome piece of work!"

More details as they surface.

Wowsers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Choy, Reinert and the guy from Pestilence... Yes, I can see that being fantastic.

Dunno Tony Jelencovich's work though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

****ing emo crap.

Erm, I mean, deadly! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I've never heard of those peoples. What bands were they in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Choy played in Atheist, Reinert in Cynic and Death for a time, including the Human album, which is one of the greatest of all time. Mameli, as mentioned, played in Pestilence, and I'm clueless as to the other guy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

Jelenovich was in Mnemic. bit of a let down now that you know? :p
    Atheist, Cynic, Death, Pestilence.....and Mnemic. nothing against them, they're just really not on the same level as the others. looking forward to hearing this C-187....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I saw this and was intrigued by it, but its not guarantee it'll be any good. If they promised me my money back if i wasn't satisfied . . .

Haven't listened to Mnemic, so I can't say anything about Jelenovich, but I've yet to hear a single bad thing that Choy and Reinert have been involved with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Haven't listened to Mnemic

Don't.

Sounds promising though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

For the curious: Mnemic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0SOjxgEET4
    Not a fan of them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lld

The personnel certainly meausres up. I expect good from this

• Advertisement

toffo wrote:
    For the curious: Mnemic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0SOjxgEET4
    Not a fan of them myself.

Ok, that's a bit naff.

Vocals can really kill a band for me, I can't stand most of the newer screamy kinda vocals. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, that rather sucked, but oh well, some phenomenal musicians involved too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭funky_buddah

Really surprised to see all the anti-Mnemic statements so far, in my opinion there oen of the better bands to surface in the last few years. For me anyway, they were an aquired taste and took a few listens to grow on me, I recommend everyone erm...aquire "Dreamstate Emergency", a track from their second album "Audio Injected Soul", that was the song that really sold me on them.

Advertisement