Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bebo and youtube

• 04-12-2006 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I was looking around the other night in college (about 8 o clock) I i could not help but notice that the place was near empty. It led me to wonder if computer services could lift the bans on sites like bebo and youtube around this time. from eight till close or even nine. It should not effect people who ate engaged in serious study and might encourage others to engage in more serious study whil in the college.

what do the rest of you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Well if that was the case the library would be full from 8-9 with people on these sites and that could put people out, even if it is just one person it is still unfair. Its not just PC numbers thats the issue here, sites like these promote the "Anto cmere and look at this fooking gobsh*te" culture where gimps shout across the library so people at tables are even disturbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

I disagree. the type of people you are talking about would not be bothered to come back into college 3 hours after there last class. It didn't happen last year when bebo was freely available. and lets call these people what they are. First years!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

A complete ban is the only way. It's not just about freeing up machines its also about the network gettin trottled with the use of these sites. Its a no win situation for the college as they are also legaly responsible for the content on there network so they have to keep a tight rein on what students can access these days. The days of win we could install Limewire and download for free are well gone.

perhaps your right.

I'll post a link for a thread on P.ie where it is being discussed on a national scale

http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?t=15304

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

youtube works in college

ya them skangers are fecking annoying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

Kazu wrote:
    youtube works in college

ya them skangers are fecking annoying
    mmm...no, it doesnt dont lie you lying liar!!
    i concur though with the second part, *yo anto, look at this fookin savage picture of 80" rims on me scuta!!*

[edit]Read the charter, no talk about how to surpass college restrictions. Consider this your only warning. Any further talk along these lines and I will close this thread and ban all those involved.[/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

bebo in ireland is like www.rateyourteacher.ie

its a fad,abit a long one
    cant see its popualrity outliving end of this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Well if that was the case the library would be full from 8-9 with people on these sites and that could put people out, even if it is just one person it is still unfair. Its not just PC numbers thats the issue here, sites like these promote the "Anto cmere and look at this fooking gobsh*te" culture where gimps shout across the library so people at tables are even disturbed.

i know anto, nearly got in a fight with him one night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

i know anto, nearly got in a fight with him one night

He'd kick your ass and your gimp brothers.

• Advertisement

is there a video of that up on bebo.

i just found out that the lectures have full access to sites, i.e. yesterday in a class(WOW!!!i was actuall in class!!) the lecture was making a point about something and then back it up by logging into youtube.com and looked up the tacuma bridge, with we watched straight from youtube, as this lecturer, who shall remain nameless, is only a small bit technogical lithurate

so the point im making is, steal your lecturers accounts if you want youtube and bebo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Lectures allways had higher access rights than students. Its a raw deal but it's not a suprise.

deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

slightly OT, both bebo and youtube should cop on to themselves slightly. Both in the news recently for lack of monitoring.

Trilla wrote:
    slightly OT, both bebo and youtube should cop on to themselves slightly. Both in the news recently for lack of monitoring.

why should they. there should be a few places on the earth where unresricted opinion and views can be air and not sanitised and made safe for the "families".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Trilla wrote:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lad its the biggest loada shíte ever...oh do my poll - whats my the sexiest part of my body? leave a comment- "hey gal long time no see, gonna put this here cas its way cooler then ringing you and everyone can see Ive friends and stuff"...put up photos - this me is plastard with a bottle of light bud in the fountain naked, aint I cool? oh yeah my intro "hi Im joe doe, im 26 and i **** all day"

A LOAD A FÚCKIN SHÍTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

How can a medium, even one as low brow as youtube et al, be held responsible for its content given the tripe that is broadcasted on a daily basis by the so called "media outlets".

Dont blame them for the problems of society, blame the retards who find this sort of crap not only acceptable but entertaining.

Failing that I guess you could complain more... its never worked before, but dont let that stop you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

lad its the biggest loada shíte ever...oh do my poll - whats my the sexiest part of my body? leave a comment- "hey gal long time no see, gonna put this here cas its way cooler then ringing you and everyone can see Ive friends and stuff"...put up photos - this me is plastard with a bottle of light bud in the fountain naked, aint I cool? oh yeah my intro "hi Im joe doe, im 26 and i **** all day"

A LOAD A FÚCKIN SHÍTE

This is one of the best/funniest descriptions of Bebo I'v ever heard.
    TK

Its funy cos its true. I was on bebo when the craze first started. But it was when everyone seemed to adapt this bullshít promotion of themselves and when two of my mates started to use my comments as a battle ground against one another...it was time to remove that fookin page once and for all. I think you should all do the same! Never mind ban from college, a ban from everywhere is needed.

Advertisement