Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Argh, no Nevermore DVD!

• 04-12-2006 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, this is pretty much old news at this stage, but I just found out.

Taken from www.nevermore.tv
    Nevermore cancel DVD recording show

NEVERMORE vocalist Warrel Dane surprisingly suffered from an infection. On the morning of September 12th, 2006 (the day of the show) he felt sickish which did turn for the worse during the course of the day resulting in the necessity to see a doctor at a hospital in Dortmund, Germany. Until the afternoon everyone still hoped for him to be able to do the show and DVD live recordings as it was an extremely important one for the band itself apart from the fact that there was a camera team of 12 people and the show already being almost sold out during presale. No one trifles with such an important event!

Here is a statement from the band’s management and booking agency:

“Unfortunately we had been informed by the doctor in charge relatively late (around 17:30h) that Warrel was not able to do the show and as the doctor insisted on keeping Warrel at the hospital, we could not do anything else but make the artist’s health priority.

Together with band and the local venue (Zeche in Bochum), we agreed to re-do this show on October 11, 2006, Continental Concerts indicated this at the entrance of the venue as soon as we had made this decision.

Of course, all fans can return their tickets wherever they bought them. NEVERMORE and Continental Concerts are very sorry that we had to cancel this show. We hope and expect Warrel to be able to leave the hospital today to do the shows with Disturbed as well as further headliner shows and after that adequately recompense as many fans as possible at the end of the tour in Bochum on October 11, 2006.”

NEVERMORE’s drummer Van Williams on this very unfortunate event:

“Hello everyone, Van here, just wanted to let everyone know that we are very sorry we were unable to do the DVD show. Warrel had to go to the hospital in the morning of that day and doctors have kept him there due to him having pneumonia. We wanted nothing more and were all looking forward to this show with our fans. We realize many of you have travelled far to be with us and Warrel most of all wanted the show to happen. We will update you as soon as we can on his condition. Thanks for sticking with us and more news as soon as we have it. Cheers Van.”

Personally, I was really, really looking forward to this, I think Nevermore are possibly one of the best bands around, and having seen them in Dublin last year, I'd love to see a live DVD of theirs.

Anyway, I heard about them recording a DVD, so I check their site to see if there was any news of when it was going to be released, but I didn't get the news I was hoping for. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

they recorded a show a month after this, the DVD will be out early-mid next year. the set list was

01. Final Product
    02. My Acid Words
    03. What Tomorrow Knows/Garden of Grey
    04. Next In Line
    05. Enemies of Reality
    06. I, Voyager
    07. The River Dragon Has Come
    08. I Am The Dog
    09. Dreaming Neon Black
    10. Noumenon
    11. Inside Four Walls
    12. Politics of Ecstasy
    13. Dead Heart In A Dead World
    14. Matricide
    15. The Learning
    16. Sentient 6
    17. Narcosynthesis
    18. The Heart Collector
    19. Born
    20. This Godless Endeavor

personally, there are a few songs i'm disappointed to see left out, eg. Engines of Hate, but i cant wait to get my hands on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Alucard II wrote:
    they recorded a show a month after this, the DVD will be out early-mid next year. the set list was

01. Final Product
    02. My Acid Words
    03. What Tomorrow Knows/Garden of Grey
    04. Next In Line
    05. Enemies of Reality
    06. I, Voyager
    07. The River Dragon Has Come
    08. I Am The Dog
    09. Dreaming Neon Black
    10. Noumenon
    11. Inside Four Walls
    12. Politics of Ecstasy
    14. Matricide
    15. The Learning
    16. Sentient 6
    17. Narcosynthesis
    18. The Heart Collector
    19. Born
    20. This Godless Endeavor

personally, there are a few songs i'm disappointed to see left out, eg. Engines of Hate, but i cant wait to get my hands on it.

Fantastic! :D

Odd that there wasn't anything on the website about the rescheduled DVD shoot. Glad it's actually coming out now, I'll definitely be snapping it up.

Nice setlist too, of course, I'm sure everyone has some songs they'd like to see on there, personally I could use some more from Enemies Of Reality, like Ambivalent, I Voyager and Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday, but it's an incredibly solid set, with a lot of good stuff from their recent albums, aswell as some classics. Plenty of Dead Heart stuff too, that was the album that got me into them. ;)

I, Voyager is on the setlist ;)

i thought there was something on the site about it; i assumed that was how i knew. oh well, it matters not!

Alucard II wrote:
    I, Voyager is on the setlist ;)

D'oh! Now I appear foolish! :o

hehe. we'll let you away with it, on the grounds that Nevermore DVDs lead to over-excitement. isnt there a new Opeth DVD next year too? ****in w00t!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I was also at the gig last year (they were really great, even without Steve) and will definetly buy this when it comes out. It seems that Nevermore can do no wrong at the moment. They're albums are consistently brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Alucard II wrote:
    hehe. we'll let you away with it, on the grounds that Nevermore DVDs lead to over-excitement. isnt there a new Opeth DVD next year too? ****in w00t!

And Atheist. :)

^how did i not hear about that? DEADLY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I do like to be the bearer of good news. ;) It's due out christmas-ish or early 2007 according to their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Major bump for this!

This is being released at the end of the month. A 2 dvd and 2 cd package
    DVD1:

Main Show - Live at the Zeche Bochum, Germany, October 11, 2006:

01. Intro
    02. Final Product
    03. My Acid Words
    04. What Tomorrow Knows/Garden Of Grey
    05. Next In Line
    06. Enemies Of Reality
    07. I, Voyager
    08. The Politics Of Ecstasy
    09. The River Dragon Has Come
    10. I Am The Dog
    11. Dreaming Neon Black
    12. Matricide
    14. Noumenon (from tape)
    15. Inside Four Walls
    16. The Learning
    17. Sentient
    18. Narcosynthesis
    19. The Heart Collector
    20. Born
    21. This Godless Endeavor

Audio sound: 2.0 and 5.1 mixed by Andy Sneap

DVD2:

* Gigantour – Live at the Bell Centre, Montreal, Canada, September 2, 2005:

01. Born
    02. Enemies Of Reality

* Metal Mania Festival – Live at the Spodek, Katowice, Poland, March 4, 2006:

01. Final Product
    02. The Heart Collector
    03. Enemies Of Reality
    04. The Seven Tongues Of God

* Wacken – Live at the Wacken Open Air, Germany, August 4, 2006:

01. Final Product
    02. Narcosynthesis
    03. Engines Of Hate
    04. Born

Bonus Material:

* Century Media USA 10th Anniversary Party - Live at The Roxy, Los Angeles, September 28, 2001:

01. Engines Of Hate
    02. Beyond Within

* Promo videos:

01. What Tomorrow Knows
    02. Next In Line
    03. Believe In Nothing
    04. I, Voyager
    05. Enemies Of Reality
    06. Final Product
    07. Born
    08. Narcosynthesis (live promo video)

Looks like it's been worth the wait

Click

• Advertisement

Jaysis, 2 years of a wait. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

That's a solid track list though, looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on this one, Nevermore are an excellent band, their were unreal at Wacken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah looking forward to this myself.. I've seen Nevermore a few times live now & they're really great. Loved the gig here a few years ago!

My only fault with them, was at Graspop a few yeas ago I queued up to meet them. When I got up to the top of the queue (there were 3 of us left), they announced they were finishing signing and walked off, which I thought was a bit bad form, considering it would have taken them 2 minutes to meet the last 3 people in the queue. Warrel Dane came across as a total dick head too, really up his own arse.

Advertisement