Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Web Chat on Transport 21

Options
  • 04-12-2006 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Live webchat with Irish Rail on Transport 21 . Just highlighting it to my fellow commuters in the North East so no need to move to the transport forum...

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/email.asp

Edit: My questions that I have put forward. Hope to get an answer on some of these but cant see it happening....

1. What impact will the extension of the DART to Balbriggan have on commuters traveling further north? Will the intercity trains not get backed up behind the darts due to the use of only 2 rails?

2. Was an increase to a four rail system considered for the northern line?

3. Are there any plans to increase the reach of the inner city zone and if yes how far will it extend to?

4. Will regular commuters with annual passes be able to pre-book their seat a service which for some reason only seems to be offered to day trippers at present?

5. What is being done to address over crowding problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Ian Larkin asks: Do you plan to extend the DART to Drogheda in the future?

Tom: As I mentioned, we’re looking at options for electrification. We will progress the option that makes most sense on the Northern line – that is, that ensures we can best meet the different needs of all commuters along the route, including Drogheda, other existing northern commuter stations, and the existing DART customers. Extending the DART to Drogheda is one of the options we are currently examining.

Desmond: How do you envisage maintaining the existing Enterprise Schedule if the Dart service is extended to Drogheda.

Dick: We actually intend increasing the Enterprise schedule to hourly in due course, jointly with our colleagues in Translink.

With the DART extended to Drogheda, and an increased Enterprise frequency, we will totally re-draft the timetable on the Northern Line to maximise capacity for DART, Commuter and Enterprise services.

Full transcript available at link below....

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=216

Advertisement