Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Know how to Remove Biro from Leather Settees?

Options
  • 04-12-2006 9:31pm

Someone scribbled all over the settee at home and I need to remove it fast.

Any know how I can accomplish this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The sadly defunct Google Answers has some suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH, redirect still there.
    An article here has a few tips but it hasn't happened to me so I'm not sure if it works or not.

I checked there. A lot of people were contradicting one another with thier advice. I just thought boards members may be slightly more trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sounds like a Golden Pages advert in the making.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

You could try spraying a bit of hairspray on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Reid Furniture have a leather care kit that had a biro remover, works excellently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

My 3 year old destroyed the back seat (grey fabric) of our car with blue biro after searching the net I used hair spray (as Delly has already suggested;) ) and was amazed at how easily the stains were removed! (I think it's the alcohol in the hairspray that does the magic)

Not sure if it will work on leather but I expect it should, try putting a fresh biro mark on the underneath of the sofa and then try removing it as a test....

invest4deepvalue.com

Thanks for all the tips. We found a Reids furniture care kit and I plan on tackling it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Sounds like a Golden Pages advert in the making.
    Showing (y)our age dude, and besides that particular ad was all about French Polishing. Ever try and French Polish a leather settee? Go on...I dare you.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

slighlty related...
    I recently stained my couch with nitromors/stripped paint. Anyone know to remove that...before her good self sees it and castrates me

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement