Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We Just got slated on The Panel

Options
  • 04-12-2006 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

O'Connell Streets Christmas Tree Decorations been stolen. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

Pacifico wrote:
    Lol

You seem to know something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why so sensitive? You could live in "that wasteland" (to quote Jason Byrne) -Offaly!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

mike65 wrote:
    Why so sensitive? You could live in "that wasteland" (to quote Jason Byrne) -Offaly!

Mike.

At least you would keep your appendix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Haha. Seriously though I wouldn't take offence to it. They spent much longer slagging off the northside of Dublin. Thought the panel was crap tonight actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Is the panel repeated at any time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

You had to give them the Christmas decorations though it happens every year. Thought the northside of Dublin did get slated though. I enjoyed the show except for that food and drink bird how stuck up was she

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

The Panel is crap every week, its no way funny. And podge + Rodge has died down a lot too,,, they dont speak to the guests for long enough lately i notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

The panel is usualy repeated on Fridays Billy.
    I missed it tonight, fell asleep!

They've never been particularly bad on Limerick before though, so I can't imagine it being that bad.
    I'll have to watch the repeat and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

to be honest its the city's own fault for letting this non event of a story into the public domain at all. And if we are to be truthful that tree looks like ****e anyway and did from the minute it was put up! Does not compliment what they have done with the rest of the town at all. Limerick City council/press office/ gardai need to cop on and get a bit picky about what press gets out. I like reading some of the local blogs as well but some of the stories on them are just non events . Our local media/rags dont help either.
    Ridiculous story from the start and as for the Panel's criticism, it was pretty tame as well but everyone here jumps on the defensive again. People have to start ignoring some of these things epecially a stoopid story like this! National media are going to jump on anything from Limerick so why add fuel to the fire with crap like this in my opinion! They would have been far better off saying nothing and replacing what was stolen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Agree with the post above , and i watched the panel and it was nothing to get offended over . It's 'The panel' for gods sake , slagging is what they do .

vkid wrote:
    Ridiculous story from the start and as for the Panel's criticism, it was pretty tame as well but everyone here jumps on the defensive again. People have to start ignoring some of these things epecially a stoopid story like this!

VKid, with the exception of the OP everyone here agreed that it was nothing.
    No-one's getting defencive.
    As you said, it's The Panel, they slag everyone.

I agree with what you said about the local media though.
    We have the worst local media in the country!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I wouldnt be offended, what they said was pretty much true!

And they slag everyone and everything, its just our turn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Lads if ye take offence to something like that ye need ye're heads checked. It's limerick city councils fault in the first place anyway! they should know not to put up things like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭NewsWire

It was harmless stuff , and quite funny too

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this kind of thing is always happening,remember when the flower boxes were put on cruises st and they lasted about 2 days,this town is full of scumbags with no respect for anything,probably because they live in areas that look like urban death mazes so why should the rest of the town be any way decorated nicely?
    and the people in this town get WAY too defensive about limerick being portrayed in a negative light,it happens,get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

krudler wrote:
    this kind of thing is always happening,remember when the flower boxes were put on cruises st and they lasted about 2 days,this town is full of scumbags with no respect for anything,probably because they live in areas that look like urban death mazes so why should the rest of the town be any way decorated nicely?
    and the people in this town get WAY too defensive about limerick being portrayed in a negative light,it happens,get over it.

But now those same flower boxes have survived for 2 summers and seem to have been "accepted" by our vandalistic brethern, as have the ones on both bridges. We have to stand up to the vandals and so them that we won't let them drag our city down to their level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

krudler wrote:
    Lads if ye take offence to something like that ye need ye're heads checked

Karmafaeri said it already but I guess I'll say it again - apart from the OP everyone on this thread has been saying it's nothing to get offended over.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ybbi

ah lads, yer been abit harsh with the panel, they have been as good as last season, but they have had there moments!

ybbi wrote:
    ah lads, yer been abit harsh with the panel, they have been as good as last season, but they have had there moments!

Yeah the first episode of the season was good.
    When they apologised for missing Berties lying!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement