Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Vodafone 3G

Options
  • 04-12-2006 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting this. What are the d/l speeds like? What are your experiences of the service?

Any opinions appreciated.

Kifi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I've used it about 3 times in work when our leased line went down during an upgrade.

Just tried www.irishisptest.com on a 25% signal and am getting 346kbps download and 58kbps upload

Pings www.google.ie = Average:164ms
    Pings www.boards.ie = Average:310ms

Fairly bad pings but i use if for vpn to office (mail/SQL etc.) and browsing so works well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Works well for me. Pings are usually 200ms for me with full speed. Some areas tend to have higher pings and less of a signal.
    It's routing table is wierd also.

Generally for me its better than nothing while on the road. It works for me when I want it to, which is all I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Oh forgot to mention its 25% signal but that just as our house seems to be in a blackspot for all mobile provides i thought it was just meteor until i got a vodafone phone which is fairly weak also (better than meteor but not by much). My 3G is the built in type on a latitude d820.

Advertisement