Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nitelink to Drogheda?

Options
  • 05-12-2006 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

Just on http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/nitelink.asp and I see there's no Nitelink to Drogheda over the festive season? :(

Edit: Never mind found it

http://www.buseireann.ie/site/your_journey/nightrider_services.asp

The Drogheda Nightrider operates on Thursday, Friday and Saturday throughout the year. Buses depart Busáras at 00.30hrs and 03.30hrs and operate via O’Connell St (Supermacs), Drumcondra (Independent Bridge), Santry (Omni), Dublin Airport (Stop 8), Swords by-pass, Balrothery, Balbriggan, Julianstown and Drogheda. Returning to Dublin, buses depart Drogheda Bus Station at 01.45hrs. The fare is priced at €7 to Balbriggan and €10 to points past Balbriggan. :D

Now if I can remember to actually get on it this year. Stay tuned........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Handy to know cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

There's one that goes to Navan too via Ratoath and Dunshaughlin

Must admit, this is a good service ran by Bus Eireann, i use it quite regularly.

Much cheaper than a taxi!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Stay tuned........

Well that idea was a bloody disaster. I quote the website "Buses depart Busáras at 00.30hrs and 03.30hrs and operate via O’Connell St. We ended up going to Café en Seine on Wednesday. A few drinks later my phone alarm went off at 03:00 AM! A clever plan to set it leaving us a nice leisurely walk to Busáras to catch it home for €10. :D Off we went and arrived there with at least 8 minutes to spare. Whole place closed and not a bus in sight.:mad: So it was a nice taxi fare home in the end.

They leave from Store Street? Not actually busaras! (please tell me you went round to Store St)
    Then they go up the quays and cross o'connell bridge stopping at penneys

Sometimes they are late, but generally they are there for the time they are meant to be

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Does anyone know exactly where on the Swords Bypass this bus stops?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Yeah I did a lap of Busáras starting at the Store St. end and there was none to be seen. Hung around for about 15 minutes and then flagged a cab down. Great night anyway besides the transport situation. I'd presume that it stops at the Malahide/Feltrim Roundabout although as I never made it I can't be sure.

Crazy...
    At least you'd a good night...

Obviously the driver was a no show... hate it when that happens, cos the taxi drivers just rub their hands with glee!

Well the first taxi wouldn't even give me a price so it shows how good the business is doing in spite of deregulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Are Matthews coaches not operating a 24 hr service between Dundalk and Dublin, at least they had planned to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Are Matthews coaches not operating a 24 hr service between Dundalk and Dublin, at least they had planned to.
    Think you might be getting mixed up with these two time tables:
    http://www.matthewscoach.com/matthews_images/timetable.pdf
    http://www.matthewscoach.com/matthews_website/timetable_carrickmacross.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭Morgans

Happened meself and the girlfriend last christmas. Trying to get to Balbriggan. 3.15 no bus. 3.30 no buses to nowhere. Pishing cold rain. Not happy. Flagged down a taxi at 3.50 where 3 others in a similar situation jumped in. 5 in a taxi - lucky it was a foreigner who actually decided not to throw anyone out. Got home eventually, for about the price of the bus fare but from that experience, I have to say never RELY ON WHAT BUS EIREANN TELL YOU IN RELATION TO THE NIGHT RIDER. Website, phone, and customer service in the station conflict on detials, with expensive consequences. Try to a have some sort of in city back up.

Advertisement