Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The I-Con update - 5th December 2006

Options
  • 05-12-2006 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hello, and welcome to December! I nearly forgot about the time of year until I stepped outside the door.

At the I-Con show this week, we're feeling a bit left out. If Pat Kenny can have a heckler shout at him and Ryan Tubridy can have someone drive in anger at him and his audience (albeit with a revolving door in the way), surely we're entitled to at least some excitement too? Maybe Lynn might cycle her bike into the studio door to make up for it. We'll see....

This week's I-Con show is shaping up to be a good one: We've got the Chapters playing live in studio and, looking at the instruments they plan on bringing in, this is gonna be a good one. We had to draw the line at the grand piano, though, just on the grounds that there would be too many Laurel and Hardy jokes as we tried to get it up the stairs.

Featured demo this week is from Green Pocket Subway.

All this and, as usual, a smattering of new releases and lots of news from the Irish music scene (don't forget to send your gossip to us: icon <at> phantom.ie)

Also, if you're in a band or if your mates are (or maybe even your mate's mates but we don't want to push our luck), we're always on the look out for new stuff and we feature demos on every show. Put your CD in an envelope and include some info on your band. Send it to:

I-Con,
    Phantom 105.2,
    73 North Wall Quay,
    Dublin 1.

It's a simple as that!

So join us this Tuesday evening from 8 to 10pm on Phantom 105.2 for the best in new Irish music. In association with Budrising from Budweiser - answer the Call!

Seeya,
    Aidan

Advertisement