Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Houses to be Built.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

You can submit objections to the planning application when it is submitted, but you will be wasting your time in all probability. (objecting on the basis that you don't want houses directly behind you etc. would be pointless)

Stopping the rezoning was the only way that you could be assured that houses won't be built up to your back garden as you expected when you bought your house. I can assure you 100% that they will be. The builders do not need to nor will they compromise on this and will squeeze in as many units as they can.
    anniec wrote:
    Did anyone else get the brochure from Zapi through the letterbox last night? Im no architect but the plans behind the park and grove look like apartment blocks with parking spaces. However they did state that they were building houses 3, 4 & 5 bedrooms.:confused:

any thoughts? If the houses are going to be built Im concerned how close they will be to the back walls as the ground level of site behind us is half way up the wall!

Any suggestions how I can get a more detailed plan and how I can object if they are too close?

A

It is too late for your your concerns now! and, any concerns raised to the FF and FG councilors "in time" were not addressed, basically, this is to our benefit because they say it is.

The draft plans have houses backing right up to ours, doesn't matter to the councillors what you thought when you purchased your house. Fortunately, we have some decent fellow residents from in the Wood, Court, and Crescent who supported those most directly affected by the rezonings (i.e. with houses backing on to the site, and in Seabourne View).

The plans shown are of what was originally "supposed" to be there i.e Charlesland Business Park which the councillors referred to in their misleading correspondence as "The Industrial site with 10m high warehousing" backing right up to our gardens. Obviously this was never going to be the case.

ps. did anybody ever hear that Zapi were trying to attract business to this site as they say, and for FIVE years!?...call me crazy, but if I had a site available and I wanted tenants. I'd certainly consider PUTTING A SIGN UP !!! Money talks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

I am in the Park, but didn't get a leaflet - would have liked look at the pretty pictures !

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

I did not receive one either!!

Has anyone managed to get copies from Wicklow County council? Would be nice to see what they are now changing the plans to!!!
    I only live there!!

From my many mails to Councilors and TD's I got three response, Dick Roche Billy Timmins who took no responsibilities and in there own words "have no control over local Councilors" ,the only Counselor at the meeting to responded was Deirdre de Burca.Who rightly stated there was more to be discussed before these plan were pushed through.

anyone now when the Parks next meeting is?

Mt Posh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

folks if anyone wants to read the flyer pm me to arrange

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

If anyone is expecting to see plans of what is proposed to be built behind us on Zapi's flyer, you won't. The plans shown on the flyer are of the original business park. Some residents are trying to arrange a public meeting for early January to display the plans.

What was on display from 9-5 for four weeks was a map of the Greystones/Delagany area showing different coloured areas, the area behind Charlesland being E2, i.e zoned for employment. No other details were on display, so without guidance, you may as well be looking at a jigsaw puzzle.

Given that Zapi are telling us that this has been considered for 5 years and Councillors Kelleher, Jones and Mitchell are saying that they have been involved for 2 years, giving residents 4 weeks first of all to even find out about the plans and then to form any sort of informed opinion is appalling.

Luckily enough we have other councillors and associations who have some concerns for our rights to be informed and keep us updated.
    anniec wrote:
    folks if anyone wants to read the flyer pm me to arrange

A

• Advertisement
Advertisement