Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ready for Vista in croke park?

• 05-12-2006 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

only a few hours to go, and we can sleep for a lot of them

i work nights so i am going to the 8pm one, home by 11pm, so I will be able to try it out before i go to bed

I drove out to croke park today to make sure i don't get lost tomorrow

anyone know where we have to go when we get there,
    a link to google earth would be brilliant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Omg Im also so excited like, its truly a life changing moment, I really cant wait.

heading to the early one, hope i don't get stuck in traffic. see you all there :D

will we actually get a physical copy of Vista Home Premium at the conference ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mukki wrote:

i work nights so i am going to the 8pm one, home by 11pm, so I will be able to try it out before i go to bed

You wont get thd dvd till feb or when its released to the public

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Could well be a voucher all right. It will be straight in the main entrance on Jones Rd, turn right at reception and up the lift to level 4 if its where I think it is. Nice view from those corporate boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Lorax wrote:
    Omg Im also so excited like, its truly a life changing moment, I really cant wait.

i hope you were joking :p

• Advertisement

I'm wearing my tinfoil hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Best of all, all attendees will receive a full, free license for Vista Home Edition along with other eval software

says licence, not cd. ull probably just get a small piece of paper with numbers on it :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Spipov wrote:
    says licence, not cd. ull probably just get a small piece of paper with numbers on it :D

You get a cd when it ships to the public

A friend got an email with the following text

* Getting your free copy of Vista:- All registered launch attendees will receive a full, free license of Vista Home Premium Edition. Unfortunately, physical copies of Home Premium will not be available until the consumer launch in the new year. However, everyone who is registered, attends and submits a feedback form will be mailed their fully licensed copy in the new year as soon as it comes off the production line. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Mohanned

woo i am going

Mohanned wrote:
    woo i am going

You need to be registered and there is a massive waiting list

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

*pets legal activated copy of Vista Ultimate full version*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

if i get a cd key it will do

i already have the rtm downloaded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Anyone been taken off the waitlist today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'm heading into the late one, hopefully it will be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

kearnsr wrote:
    * Getting your free copy of Vista:- All registered launch attendees will receive a full, free license of Vista Home Premium Edition. Unfortunately, physical copies of Home Premium will not be available until the consumer launch in the new year. However, everyone who is registered, attends and submits a feedback form will be mailed their fully licensed copy in the new year as soon as it comes off the production line.

ah damit! ah well, hope it wont be too painful tonight :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

What's my best way of getting to croker this evening via the dart? Never been up there myself

What's my best way of getting to croker this evening via the dart? Never been up there myself

i am just going to drive up now

never been there before either, my op was actually to find out more about where to go, but i didnt want to make it too obvious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Dart to Connolly and walk

or get the maynooth train from connolly and get off at drumcondra...but probably no suitable train as its a very infrequent service. check irish rail .com

I'll be getting the no 13 bus myself.

Be at the late one if anyone fancies saying hello. I'll be in a green t shirt and red'y cheque shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I just back now and I found the whole talk a pile of Sh1t. For god sake, the speaker kept mentioning the company he worked for. It was his company first and the vista program second.

I nearly fell asleep listening to his bullsh!t.

Fortunately though, I am getting a free copy of Vista, so it evens out ;)

swingking wrote:
    I just back now and I found the whole talk a pile of Sh1t. For god sake, the speaker kept mentioning the company he worked for. It was his company first and the vista program second.

I nearly fell asleep listening to his bullsh!t.

Fortunately though, I am getting a free copy of Vista, so it evens out ;)

Had to say I agree with you. Was fairly poor

• Advertisement

I laughed when yer man was talking about how there are 3-D models available of San Francisco, but when he went to zoom in on Dublin the satellite pics were of incredibly poor quality, and so he went to the road map!

Plus the machine he was on had 3.25gigs of RAM and was stuttering slightly during the mapping programme.

I for one was annoyed that Neil Armstrong wasn't there. I just went for the Vista, so for a free evening I suppose I was happy.

Myth wrote:
    I laughed when yer man was talking about how there are 3-D models available of San Francisco, but when he went to zoom in on Dublin the satellite pics were of incredibly poor quality, and so he went to the road map!

Plus the machine he was on had 3.25gigs of RAM and was stuttering slightly during the mapping programme.

I for one was annoyed that Neil Armstrong wasn't there. I just went for the Vista, so for a free evening I suppose I was happy.

Was it a laptop he was using? I couldnt make it out as I was sat behind some tall fucker!

What where the spec he was using? Core Duo 2.3GHz and 3.25gb of ram didnt see the graphics card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i actually quite enjoyed the speech.:o

but tbh i was only hanging around for the free vista

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Home premium. Not to shabby

I was wondering what the spec's of his machine were. Time for some more ram! Didn't hang around to long as I wanted to go home and play with the frisbee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Johnniep

Was it only me who found it funny when the guy kept mentioning Microsoft "One Care"??? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Did anyone actually stay for the second talk.

as soon as i knew i had done enough to get the free copy of vista i went home

but in fairness lads
    stop giving out about it,
    how could it have not been shyte....
    ....its was the businness man's star trek convection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just back from the late event myself. At least the development fella showed a few interesting new features, and it was funny when the big screen monitor, then the main projector died (funny enough beforehand I said to the fella I went with that I wouldn't be suprised if we got a blue screen but this was close enough!) :D

(although his "they do know we're in the Republic right??" comment, in reference to the decidely orange theme, had me beat :p)

Didn't stay for the 2nd speaker though. Went and wandered around the various sub-events but - like everyone else it seems - I was really only there for the free Home Premium version.. even though I've been playing with Vista Business for over a week now (we get it through our Volume License Agreement you see :D)

All in all though I thought it was ok.. picked up a few interesting things which was about all I expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Johnniep wrote:
    Was it only me who found it funny when the guy kept mentioning Microsoft "One Care"??? :D:D
    You weren't alone ;)

Advertisement