Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ready for Vista in croke park?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Not long home myself from the early one:eek:
    It was an awful pile of shyte in fairness but I didn't expect anything else so I wasn't disappointed. I nearly fell about the place laughing when I saw the frisbee. I thought it was some sort of promo packaging for Vista.:o
    swingking wrote:
    I just back now and I found the whole talk a pile of Sh1t. For god sake, the speaker kept mentioning the company he worked for. It was his company first and the vista program second.
    Obviously you didn't listen too well. It was a fictional company created by Microsoft for the purposes of the demonstrations.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

kearnsr wrote:
    Was it a laptop he was using? I couldnt make it out as I was sat behind some tall fucker!

What where the spec he was using? Core Duo 2.3GHz and 3.25gb of ram didnt see the graphics card.

It was an nVidia Quadro - not sure which one ...just caught a quick glance of the spec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I actually found the first guy, Robert's demo quite interesting. Some cool features I can see us using in work with Outlook 2007 and Sharepoint. Didn't stick around for the second one though, as I had to hit the road back to Kilkenny.

Swingking: Contoso and Fabrikam are fictional company names that Microsoft always uses in training material, exam questions and so on. The guy was just trying to demonstrate how useful businesses could find new features of Vista and office 2007. I can see shadow copies being available on the client PC's being a bloody life saver for IT departments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,032 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Not getting a copy of Vista till the new year was disapointing enough. Still, gift horse and all that. Some features looked interesting. I was impressed by Outlook Web Access 2007 as an aside, a far cry from the godawful OWA 5.5 which is still being used by some unfortunate sods.

That first speaker just dragged on and on, thought he'd never shut up. It wouldn't have been too bad if we weren't crammed in like sardines.

As a plus, I got a free copy of a book at one of the stands.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Did any one notice that alot of the stands had pcs running on XP? I would've thought they would've had a vista copy at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Man, when do I actually get my free vista?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,032 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Some time after the official launch date of January 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

I found the First talk very interesting too, although Sharepoint seems to be being pushed on us. The Features in Office and Exchange 2007 seem very impressive and easy to use. Found it Hilarious that the main Screen Crashed when he opened up the Performance and Reliability Centre!! haha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Diver79

Was it just me or did anyone else think that yer man from Canada was coked off his head?

He seemed very impressed with Outlooks ability to check multiple calendars while scheduling an invite. Thats been available in Lotus Notes for years!!!

Also, A friend I went with managed to crash one of the demo PC's. Guess they should have put more than 512MB in them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Diver79 wrote:

He seemed very impressed with Outlooks ability to check multiple calendars while scheduling an invite. Thats been available in Lotus Notes for years!!!

And Outlook. I'm using good old Outlook 2002 and I use that all the time.

I enjoyed the evening show. For the first hour or so during the Sharepoint and Live presentations I was falling asleep (I was about to ask where the hall for the Vista Launch was). He mentioned at the end that we'd gotten a preview of Vista, Office & Exchange. Exchange??? He sent an email. Great preview.

The second guy was quite good though. It's only an intro so I wasn't expecting too much. Didn't think much of his reasoning why MS don't ship an AntiVirus. It's because of the EU apparently. Craaaaap. Other than that there are some nice features he went through. Worth the entry price anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement