Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rss feed news headlines box

Options
  • 05-12-2006 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

hi,

im looking on info on putting a rss feed news headlines box on a site. i signed up for bbc sports headlines box. but im waiting over 2 weeks and its still processing. can anyone point me in the right direction on putting a sports rss feed ( uk or ie) on a site in the form of a top stories headlines box?

cheers.

example of bbc one

news_eg_shadow.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Have a look at the Examiner's site. They've got RSS feeds for a number of topics

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nogihno

breakingnews.ie do one as well, i think they are the same as the examiner though

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

I was toying with the idea myself - maybe i'm wrong but itsnot the content he is looking for but the method to have these rss feeds on you own site?
    I never got around to following it thru and looked at the BBC example you gave - but do you not have to be in the UK to avail of the news box they provide?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

you can use magpie rss coupled with another rss client called something similar to 'feed2j', I actually can't remember the exact name and google isn't displaying the answer for me.

Other readers can be found at this website.

Advertisement