Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mileage is Different

Options
  • 05-12-2006 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was having problems with the clocks on my car,( Ford Focus 99 ) the speedo kept sticking so I wouldnt know how fast I was driving, I had the whole thing changed yesterday and now the mileage is wrong. Its not out by much but its still wrong is there anything I can do about this???

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yes. Get the mileage adjusted. It's quite easily done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If the speedo was sticking wouldn't your milage have been wrong anyway?
    If it's not out by much I wouldn't loose sleep over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

It wasnt really sticking for very long you see, it would always come back up after a mile or so, but yesterday it wouldnt come back up at all, I have my test next week and I couldnt risk it not working on the day.
    Where could I go to have the mileage adjusted and is it expensive??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Jood wrote:
    It wasnt really sticking for very long you see, it would always come back up after a mile or so, but yesterday it wouldnt come back up at all, I have my test next week and I couldnt risk it not working on the day.
    Where could I go to have the mileage adjusted and is it expensive??

This is all too easily done IMO (do a search for "mileage correction service" on the net or in the back of "some" Irish motoring magazines/newspapers) but in your case it sounds genuine, make sure the mileage you "choose" reflects the service history records of your car.

I wouldnt be trying to be creative or anything I'm just interested in having it back to what it was, my only problem is its also due for the NCT before Christmas and I'm not sure that I can afford to have it corrected before then, would it affect the NCT at all??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Jood wrote:
    I wouldnt be trying to be creative or anything I'm just interested in having it back to what it was, my only problem is its also due for the NCT before Christmas and I'm not sure that I can afford to have it corrected before then, would it affect the NCT at all??
    shouldn't effect it if the mileage is simular to the old reading, the NCT record the mileage each time you do the test, so if the mileage is the same or close to the mileage recorded 2 years ago then it could be hard to explain it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

The NCT just record the mileage, they couldn't give a sh1te whether it's higher or lower than it was the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

How much is it out by ?

Its out by just under 10k so its not 100ks or anything but I'd still prefer to have to fixed.

Advertisement