Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rey to TNA?

• 05-12-2006 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I came across this recently on Wrestlemag.com and they have been accurate about stuff in the past so I found this interesting...
    As we reported first via our SMS Text Alert service, WrestleMag.com understands that Rey Mysterio is heavily considering leaving World Wrestling Entertainment when his contract expires next Summer, with TNA a likely destination should he choose not to re-sign with WWE.

Mysterio is currently out until well into the Spring after recently undergoing knee surgery, with a date for his return still to be determined. As I mentioned on our audio hotline yesterday, its unlikely Mysterio will be ready to return to the ring until around WrestleMania 23 time in early April at the earliest, and according to one person I spoke to yesterday, Mysterio has been sending out feelers to several of the TNA roster recently to see if they would be interested in bringing him in should he walk away from WWE next Summer.

Mysterio is well into his 30s now, and after undergoing several knee surgeries during his time in WWE and WCW, my understanding is that he is keen to follow Kurt Angle and work a schedule that would likely allow him to prolong his career and doesn’t require him to be on the road for 250+ days a year. Although a jump to TNA would result in a lower salary than he is currently getting in WWE, it would likely work out that Mysterio earned more in TNA if you look at it on a “per match” basis.

The lighter schedule (which even including 2 or 3 house show dates per month would still only mean working 5 or 6 dates per month) is obviously something that would appeal, especially when business in WWE is down and lengthy overseas tours are becoming more common, and Mysterio is one of several WWE stars who we understand are paying close attention to TNA right now while weighing up their options for when their WWE contracts are up.

Morale must be messsed up down there as many of the wrestlers seem unhappy. Tajiri - leaves. Christian - leaves. Angle - leaves. Now Rey Mysterio maybe?

Is the WWE a sinking ship?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Morale must be messsed up down there as many of the wrestlers seem unhappy. Tajiri - leaves. Christian - leaves. Angle - leaves. Now Rey Mysterio maybe?

Is the WWE a sinking ship?

It has been a sinking ship for the past 5 years! No Stone Cold, Rock, Jericho, Angle - they haven't been replaced and no, Cena or Ken Kennedy don't count.

I reckon Angle was the start of the domino effect. Too many wrestlers at the top of the game who have been around the park for years and naturally their bodies are wrecked and can't take the WWE schedule anymore. If Rey did leave it could lead to the likes of Benoit, Booker going to TNA for similar reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

It has been a sinking ship for the past 5 years! No Stone Cold, Rock, Jericho, Angle - they haven't been replaced and no, Cena or Ken Kennedy don't count.

I reckon Angle was the start of the domino effect. Too many wrestlers at the top of the game who have been around the park for years and naturally their bodies are wrecked and can't take the WWE schedule anymore. If Rey did leave it could lead to the likes of Benoit, Booker going to TNA for similar reasons.

benoit was rumoured to be headin to TNA but he signed a lenghty contract I believe at around this time last year.....
    It will be interesting to see what way rey goes but I think as of right now he wants to get back to the wwe for mania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I said at the start of the year that I thought some big WWE names would be headin to TNA. There were too many reports of people being unhappy

I'm not so sure that TNA would want to hire a load of WWE guys who want out though, at least not until they get their 2nd hour of tv, which sounds like it will be coming next year
    fatal wrote:
    I think as of right now he wants to get back to the wwe for mania

I'd say so, it's a bigger pay day than any other, and he'd have bigger recognition then if he did go to TNA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

RVD will follow along with Sabu. It was RVD's wife that started the "TNA" chants at the ECW ppv. That cannot be a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Very unllikely according to Meltzer on both Rey and Benoit on last weeks www.f4wonline. com radio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

You should cap these shows with Meltzer and upload them, just for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

You should cap these shows with Meltzer and upload them, just for me :)

Maybe you should loosen the grip on your wallet just a tad!

Advertisement