Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electric Window advice

Options
  • 05-12-2006 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Seem to be having alot of trouble with one of my electric windows lately. I replaced the regulator about 10 months ago becuase the cable snapped and also replaced the rubber around the window as this was letting in a breeze - found out later that it was torn...

Anway these relatively new regulator cable has snapped again! tried to get one in a couple of scrap yards but couldnt find one. Of of the guys mentioned that once these start going they always give trouble.. and also mentioned that there must be water getting in etc...

funny nuff - an odd day i can hear water dripping in the door when its raining.. I havent replaced the little strip of rubber along the base of the window.. maybe it would be worth getting this as well as a new regulator?

Having no window is annoying! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

What type of car is it ?

Have you lubricated the window guide channels ?

Does the regulator replacement involve pressed ball fittings, which may be worn ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Hi MercMad,

Its a Hyundai Accent, No I havent lubricated the window guide channels - should I?

"involve pressed ball fittings, which may be worn"

Im not sure what this is - but the regulator consisted of a long metal bar/arm with a plastic mechanism/shelf on it where the window glass sits. This piece of plastic runs up and down this bar and the cable runs off to another roller/pulley part.. it all comes as one piece...

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Its a regular occurrence in a Hyundai tbh, if you intend keeping the car for some time its probably worth buying a new one as any old regulator is only an accident waiting to happen. Its no harm to spray WD40 or similar in the runners from time to time to help the movement of glass and take the strain off the motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Hi ,

thanks for the replies. No point in opening a new thread for this question. Im gona get another new regulator, but also gona get the rubber strip at the base of the window on the outside (i have already replaced the side runners)

Does anyone know what this strip is called and if its easy/awkward to put in? the runners were a little awkward but I got it installed in the end..

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

This regulator.. Is this the motor? Hope i'm not hyjacking but my 2000 Accent is sooo slow at raising its windows! up till barrier free tolling it was a nightmare in the rain!

• Advertisement
Advertisement