Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerbstone

Options
  • 05-12-2006 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Anybody got an idea of what it would cost me to get some handy man to lay 200 to 250 (10") kerbstones along my driveway and around the yard area. I would supply all materials etc.

Labour only required.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 natbraddy

i would not just go with a handy man for such a tough job as laying kerbs
    you need someone with experience in laying kerbs which is hard to come by in Ireland as a lot of kerbs are concrete formed by machine
    kerbs should be layed on a kerb race which is a concrete base of around 6 inches deep or 4 if not alot of traffic and around 12 inches wide then when the concrete has set you can lay them on a bed of semi dry sand and cement
    that is the easy way but you can also lay them on a lean mix of concrete which is tricky
    dont forget to make sure your levels are correct for drainage as i am sure you will want to finish off your drive now or in the future with some kind of top finish this is just as important as the finish look if not more so
    YOU DO NOT WANT STANDING WATER just because nobody got the levels right and remember kerbs are heavy and need careful handling by two people
    kerbs must also be backed up front and back or they will just fall out back is easy just go halfway up the back of them with concrete as for the front it depends on how you are going to finsh the driveway
    hope that helps sorry i cant give a price as it depends on levels and wich method you are using but a good job now will last a lifetime and in my opinion look better than formed kerbing hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jackandjade

Thanks for all the info........

Lots of good help there.

Advertisement