Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Housing DCC

Options
  • 05-12-2006 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been offered an apartment under the Dublin City Council Affordable Housing lottery. Does anyone know how long the process takes once you've been offered a place? What exactly has to be done, any pitfalls?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

BC wrote:
    Hi,

I have been offered an apartment under the Dublin City Council Affordable Housing lottery. Does anyone know how long the process takes once you've been offered a place? What exactly has to be done, any pitfalls?

Thanks.
    Lucky you! Based on my experience with Fingal you sign within six weeks. You'll probably want a solicitor even though the council's legal team will already have looked at the contract. You'll also need to think about getting a snag list done, also make sure that your parking space is assigned to you and is marked with the correct number. I didn't and am still waiting nearly a year later for it to be sorted out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 msscarlet

After been on the waiting list for affordable housing for last 3 years I have just received a phone call from Dublin City Council offering me a 2 bed apt at timber mills artane for €240,000.
    I will have to obtain the mortgage through Shared Ownership scheme.
    Does anybody know if they allow you to have a car loan as well? Their guideline on the application form suggested that a single person should take home €505 pw. After paying car loan (cheap car) i would be left with that amount per week. Can I get full €240,000 from dublin city council. I realise i must have €1300 deposit? I did ring them to ask as usual they couldn't answer any of my questions.
    Fingers crossed that i get the mortgage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thebean

BC wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks.
    Congrats on getting the apartment BC! Was this for the lottery in November or is it for a previous one? I'm in the November one & was wondering how long you usually have to wait for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Hi ,

The offer I got in December was from the draw in June, so it takes a while to get the results!

Advertisement