Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teamkills in 2142

Options
  • 05-12-2006 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

A bit of 2142 weirdness since the new update (1.0.6)

I get punished for teamkills I didnt commit! I was playing on EANL#2 tunis harbour (great map :) ) and left the pc for a few minutes, literally, I had just spawned in. When I came back a message was just about to disappear saying I was punished for a teamkill.

My points were at -9!

Now, the weirdness.
    1. I hadnt moved
    2. it was the beginning of a round so there were no "discarded" APMs
    3. not a single shot had been fired nor was any equipment missing from my kit
    and the best:
    the teamkills were never reflected on my stats but the -9 to my score did take effect.

In fact, I was kicked during another game on the TEAMPLAY server for excessive teamkilling after a few of these messages turned up (unearned! I'm innocent I tells ye!).

To make matters even more weird, I have started getting messages of "you were killed by ....." and some name from the game but I am usually very much alive and in some cases nowhere near the enemy... in fact I sometimes am in the process of killing someone else when it happens. there are no other effects, just that message. Does X get a point for killing me? (it doesnt list in the top left by the way) ? As far as I can tell this doesnt get refelcted in the stats either.

anoyone else getting the same things? Anyone heard of a bug or possible fix for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It is most likely a bug. I was on a titan server game and I couldn't get onto my titan at all no matter how hard I tried. Could only spawn down on the ground.

I could kill the other team fine, however when we got into the enemy titan I was getting defend bonuses and in our titan attack bonuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

both those bugs only happen on titan games and usually on servers with 48 or more max players. the problem is titan games cant handle that many players. im sure they will adress it eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

yeah it happens a lot on 48 man titan if u use gunships u often see "team vehicle damage" come up 3 times in an instant while flying but luckily no points are actually taken off !

1.07 patched servers are already running AFAIK expect another EA patch a week or two after it should have been released

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Wouldnt mind gettin the attack bonus for defendin :D Can't seem to get the kills on emeny titan to get the gold titan assault one :rolleyes: Also I still aint got the tumbler pin even though have survived numerous titan assaults. Do ya only get it if blow the reactor and get out or sumfin :eek: Do ya have to land or just get out and have opened your parachute or what :confused:

think you have to get out and hit ground before you get it. If you do a real halo (open the chute at the last second) its probably doable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Buadhach

I got the award after jumping from the exploding titan before I hit the ground. You need to be in a parachute for more than 10 sec in a round. I had jumped sereral times from the gunship.You get 20 points I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

To get the tumbler pin u need to survive your entire duration on the enemy titan - then jump off. For example if u enter it as soon as the shield is down and stand on an APM then respawn and get back in the titan and try get the badge u cant.

If u get revived by an assault u can get the badge
    If u land on the titan as it is blowing up and get off instantly u tend not to get it
    Best way of doing it and getting a core destroy point is to set up 5 RDX on the core then jumping off and hiding up in the mountains somewhere - wait till the hull is damaged enough then BOOM !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Havent played Titan mode online yet at all. any tips on easing the changeover from conquest to titan?

LoLth wrote:
    Havent played Titan mode online yet at all. any tips on easing the changeover from conquest to titan?

There is a titan training video within the game. I recommend watching that before doing anything.

Also if your new I would spend 5 minutes or so at the start of the game wandering around the titan to get a feel of where the corridors lead to and where you should expect the enemy incoming from.

Other then that don't park the titan over a silo and don't park it right beside the enemy titan unless you have people manning turrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

Hercule wrote:
    To get the tumbler pin u need to survive your entire duration on the enemy titan - then jump off. For example if u enter it as soon as the shield is down and stand on an APM then respawn and get back in the titan and try get the badge u cant.

If u get revived by an assault u can get the badge
    If u land on the titan as it is blowing up and get off instantly u tend not to get it
    Best way of doing it and getting a core destroy point is to set up 5 RDX on the core then jumping off and hiding up in the mountains somewhere - wait till the hull is damaged enough then BOOM !
    I hope I'm reading this incorrectly because it seems to me that you're suggesting if you get killed on the enemy titan at ANY stage of the game that you cannot get the pin!! That's just not the case.

Buadhach wrote:
    I got the award after jumping from the exploding titan before I hit the ground. You need to be in a parachute for more than 10 sec in a round. I had jumped sereral times from the gunship.You get 20 points I think.
    I assume you're talking about the halo ribbon here and not the titan survival pin (previously called the tumbler pin)

Here's what you need to accomplish to get the pin:
    1. You need to be alive and on or in the enemy titan when the message that the enemy titan has been destroyed is displayed.
    2. From the moment the titan blows you need to stay alive and make it to the ground before the round ends. If you have the sprint unlocks you can make it from the core room to the back of the titan, jump off and open your parachute late enough to land and get the pin with plenty of time to spare.

That's all there is to it, be on the titan when it's destoyed and don't die until you're on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

to get the tumbler pin you must be alive and on the titan before the core is destroyed and escape without dieing. you can die a million times as long as you do that. i spawned in a transport 2 seconds before the core went, then bailed out and jumped and got my first tumbler.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Did they fix the air transport pin aswell as AA gun kills etc?

Advertisement