Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decent soundcard

• 05-12-2006 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend me a decent USB 2.0 sound card for my laptop. It would be used for dj'ing with Ableton, serrato and production with Reason, Cubase etc.
    My laptop does not have firewire ports or a pcmcia slot.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Check these out...

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/irlstore.woa/6264042/wa/PSLID?pn=0&mco=251463A4&nclm=musiccreation&wosid=Rh7Lem57VQKZ3LTF7nGn9nBqLdy

I use a Miglia Harmony Audio. It's got all the ins & outs I need in a small box. For €150 you really can't go wrong (I paid €250 a year ago). I use it with Live, Reason & a Korg MicroKontrol Midi controller.

Whatever you end up going for, stay away from Sound Blaster!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Hey, im kind in the same boat, I really only play music from my Laptop, i do a small bit of mixing with virtual dj, nothing serious, i have just the basic, line in, and line out.I have the laptop pluged into the Hifi speakers.
    The quality i fairly sh?t though,
    would a sound card solve this problem?
    And would you reccommend the one mentioned above to solve this?

P.S Why is the sound blaster such a bad option?

Thanks in advance
    Rgds
    Claasman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Im using an external soundcard for DJing called a gigaport. Sooooper sound with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Claasman wrote:
    Hey, im kind in the same boat, I really only play music from my Laptop, i do a small bit of mixing with virtual dj, nothing serious, i have just the basic, line in, and line out.I have the laptop pluged into the Hifi speakers.
    The quality i fairly sh?t though,
    would a sound card solve this problem?
    And would you reccommend the one mentioned above to solve this?

P.S Why is the sound blaster such a bad option?

Thanks in advance
    Rgds
    Claasman

if you're into DJin you'll want a monitor through your headphones, so you'll need a few outputs.

most soundcards will sound fine through your hi fi, but plugged into a good PA it'll sound brutal.

sound blaster cards just aren't designed for audio production. games & DVDs grand! but DJin you're askin for trouble.

i used a aound blaster audigy nx2 for a while & had major latencey, sound quality, and processing issues. never again!!!

Advertisement