Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls

• 05-12-2006 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coolguy

How often do you wear a skirt?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

As often as I feel like.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coolguy

I think girls look better in skirts.
    It's just that there are a few girls i know that wear trousers the whole time & i'm wondering why is that - do they not like wearing skirts?

Sometimes it's hard to find a nice skirt. Sometimes girls don't feel comfortable in skirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

They prob aren't as warm as trousers this time of year. Unless of course they wear very thick wooly tights

That would also be a factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Skirts with patterned tights for the victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Almost every day, with black tights and uggs. Skirts rule!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Skirts Rule, but UGGs don't. (Sorry, just can't stand the yokes!)
    I nearly always wear skirts or dresses when I am out on the town, but on a day to day basis you would rarely see me in a skirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Cake Fiend wrote:

Absolutely. Preferably with high heel boots. *drools*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Girls shouldn't have to wear skirts. This time of year I wear trousers cos they're warmer but every now and again I'll wear a skirt with tights and boots (and NOT uggs. im not a d4).

In the summer however, they're great. wear em all the time.

Some girls just don't want to wear skirts - it's not that they feel uncomfortable (though some do).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I guess I wear skirts 4-5 days a week. Work is smart casual for me so a knee length skirt with a blouse or fine knit jumper and a pair of heels (or leather boots) is comfortable for me.

At weekends I like a shorter skirt with thick tights and pumps.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I rarely wear them, unless I'm going out. But now that it's become fashionable to wear black tights with them, it makes it a lot easier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I have to wear one every day cos it's part of my school uniform, but it's quite horrible in winter as they blow up in the wind and are quite cold, and we can't wear any nice tights with them either.

At weekends and days off I'd wear knee-length skirts a lot with tights and boots to keep warm, especially when it rains- I hate having my trousers soak up half the puddles in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I wear a skirt most days I'm not working. I love my skirts - I own about 30 or so. I wear them with fishnet or stripey tights, or stripey thigh high socks, but this time of year, its leggings.

I don't have shoes or boots to match them
    I did but my old ones wore out

I have one short skirt, used to wear it with black tights and black sandals
    looks pretty nice too heh

long skirts can be warm at this time of year, i have a few that are thick enough
    but trousers are easier to walk in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I love wearing skirts, but I don't really wear them during the day. I feel over-dressed if I wear one into college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Pythia wrote:
    Almost every day, with black tights and uggs. Skirts rule!

So close, and yet so far.

Speaking of skirts, one thing I think there isn't enough of is actual full-body dresses. I particularly heart Chinese-style silk dresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Juicebox

I wear skirts the majority of the time because i cant get a pair of trousers to fit me 36" legs :mad: cant shop in any cheap shops like pennys,dunnes etc.Also if i want a pair of long legged pants you end up paying a lot and im a poor student!! even at that i usually have to go to a dress maker and get the hems taken down pushing the price up of a pair of trousers even more,skirts are just way more practical for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

36in leg? Wow. Oh wait that's outside leg measurement isn't it? Still pretty impressive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

its only a weekend thing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I wear skirts or dresses most days with black tights though I have been known to wear jeans.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I don't really wear skirts much in the winter, they are more a summer thing for me. Trousers are just much warmer & more practical in the winter for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭mcoolmcool

I wear a skirt whenever. I wear them with Funky tights, high socks, but this time of year, I wear a skirt with Jeans or leggings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I'll wear skirts quite a bit during the summer and occasionally on a night out I'll wear a skirt or dress. I'm more of a jeans/trousers girl tbh - haven't got particularly girly dress sense.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I wear at least one a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Oh tar!

I also wear skirts a lot due to the difficulty of finding trousers that fit well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I wear skirts loads, any night or day going out to something, and casually most days but when it's cold and I'm not bothered with the effort, it's pants!

Cake Fiend wrote:
    Oh god, I hate patterned tights
    I think they look awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I wear gypsy floaty skirts in summer, and dressy skirts for my teaching practices to look neat and formal. I love skirts. Easy access! ;) ha!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Nearly everyday for me:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

While we're here, how long do you guys think wearing thick black tights under skirts will stay fashionable? I don't want to go stocking up on skirts if I'm suddenly expected to shave and wear fake tan with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Beebox

Juicebox wrote:
    I wear skirts the majority of the time because i cant get a pair of trousers to fit me 36" legs :mad: cant shop in any cheap shops like pennys,dunnes etc.Also if i want a pair of long legged pants you end up paying a lot and im a poor student!! even at that i usually have to go to a dress maker and get the hems taken down pushing the price up of a pair of trousers even more,skirts are just way more practical for me!!

I'm the same. Finding jeans takes a really long time, but I love them and find skirts too dressy for daytime wear. Designers are the only ones who do jeans long enough. The high streets long sizes are always too short. And there's no point trying to find a pair to wear over a heel.
    Love wearing skirts at night especially with tights. They're so much fun. :D

Faith wrote:
    While we're here, how long do you guys think wearing thick black tights under skirts will stay fashionable? I don't want to go stocking up on skirts if I'm suddenly expected to shave and wear fake tan with them!
    I've been wearing them since summer before last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Faith wrote:

Who cares? Skirts are much more practical than trousers on a wet day: no more wet trouser legs and if you wear boots, no wet feet.

Plus, if like me you're not very tall, a knee-length skirt looks much better than jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Faith wrote:

Forever - but if you get bored, you could change to some other colour tights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I love knee length boots so love wearing skirts or those wrap around dresses that come to just the knee and I bought 2 fab knee length skirts in Dorothy Perkins at the weekend so I'm well set for the coming winter months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

skirts, black tights and warm boots will always be a Winter must for me, it's comfortable, keeps you dry and looks quite stylish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

only going to School,and that's because I have to.
    it all depends on a Person's taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I wear skirts maybe 5 times a year. I really like trousers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i'm just more comfortable in trousers usually. i always feel overdressed in a skirt.
    also, if im driving, jeans are way easier, because i dont own any flat shoes/boots, and driving in heels can be tricky!
    i'm trying to wear them more these days, the problem is i'm pretty picky about my clothes, dont like much 'fashionable' stuff, so finding skirts i like is a rare occasion!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 li

Juicebox wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Longer length trousers are so expensive and still not long enough for me half the time, so I stick to my skirts.

bluewolf wrote:

long skirts can be warm at this time of year, i have a few that are thick enough
    but trousers are easier to walk in

Surely some skirts are easier to walk in than others.?
    Would a long flowing skirt be easy to walk in?
    Would a shorter tight fitting skirt be easier to walk in than a longer one?

What type of skirt do find it hard to walk in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Wow there's quite a few people who wear them all the time. I always think wearing a skirt/dress is kind of over-dressed (unless it's a school/work skirt) for just every-day stuff. I'm extra careful to be colour-coordinated and stuff when I wear a skirt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I wear a skirt if possible everytime i head out at night, just makes me feel a lot sexier

I always think wearing a skirt/dress is kind of over-dressed (unless it's a school/work skirt) for just every-day stuff.

if u think u are over-dressed in a skirt - why not wear a denim skirt?
    Denim skirts are casual and yet u still look more attractive as u are wearing a skirt.
    I have seen quite a lot of girls wearing knee length skirts in the last year and they look casual yet nice.
    For this time of year denim skirts look nice with black tights and boots

I think that any skirts worn over jeans/trousers are hideous though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Skirts at weekends!

Advertisement