Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What cable do I need? Laptop to plasma

• 05-12-2006 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I bought a 42" Hisense plasma this week in Harvey Normans and I want to run my laptop (Dell Inspiron 8200) through it.

I went back to Harvey Normans earlier and they told me that the standard VGA monitor cable carrys video AND audio??? I asked him if he was 100% and he said "well 99% of the time it works, but some tvs or laptops dont support it"

I assume this is rubbish as I always thought the VGA cable carrried only video?

Anyway, my Inspiron also has an S-Video port on the side and I asked about using that, but he told me it was video only and that an S-Video output has absolutely no audio capabilites. Yet again, I always understood S-Video to be the opposite? I thought it had video AND audio in the signal?

What I really need is for somebody to PLEASE point me in the right direction and tell me what I need. Is it possible for me to do this with one cable?

By the way, the ports on the Hisense TV are

Scart 1, Scart 2, Audio Input (RCA), Audio Out (RCA), Video Out (looks like 3.5mm jack?) PC Audio Input (3.5) ANT 7.5 ohm, Video In (3.5 type?) Y, Cb, Or, PC VGA, DVI, RS232

All I want is a simple way to connect the laptop and play files from the laptop through the tv and have audio also. Nothing fancy required

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Sorted
    *message to self* READ MANUAL!!!
    Standard PC monitor cable for video and 3.5 to 3.5 for audio

Advertisement