Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carbase bit the dust?

Options
  • 05-12-2006 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

A little birdie told me that Carbase have left the Car business and are now in the CAB business??? ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Who?
    CAB as in taxi or as in Criminal Assets Bureau?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Supposedly all their stock has been seized. They are gone off Carzone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

why is the stock seized.when will it be auctioned:D
    they have no stock on their website.

I don't want to say anything defamatory or that would affect a court case.

The only thing that interests me is when their stock is to be auctioned off.

There were good deals to be had when Parkwest Autopoint went out of business.

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:
    Who?
    testicle wrote:
    memory like a goldfish, me!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'll still take that E65 for 20 big ones :D

ballooba wrote:
    I don't want to say anything defamatory or that would affect a court case.

The only thing that interests me is when their stock is to be auctioned off.

There were good deals to be had when Parkwest Autopoint went out of business.

Yes im interested as well. so please keep us updated.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

ballooba wrote:
    Supposedly all their stock has been seized. They are gone off Carzone.
    http://carzone.ie/dealers/index.cfm?fuseaction=Garages&CountyID=10

yup, no listing now

by chance does anyone know what they had in stock.where can we get a list for the auction.i would think merlin will auction this for the CAB.
    What do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Turns out there Catch Phrase is wrong

The history is a mystery !!!!

Went to the one on the Naas Road with intent on trading in a car and buying a new one had cash in the glove box for new car.

Your man who was about 25 stone looked at my car thru the window and gave a trade in price about 2k below everyone else lazy git didnt even get up.

If anyone is selling it. It'll be Merlin or Wilsons on the Naas road.

There's a new fella in the one on the Greenhills Road and he seems to have some of there stock

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&BusinessID=1989&MakeID=&xMakeID=&xModelID=&xYear=

So maybe cab are not after them

Bazzy wrote:
    Turns out there Catch Phrase is wrong

The history is a mystery !!!!

Went to the one on the Naas Road with intent on trading in a car and buying a new one had cash in the glove box for new car.

Your man who was about 25 stone looked at my car thru the window and gave a trade in price about 2k below everyone else lazy git didnt even get up.

If anyone is selling it. It'll be Merlin or Wilsons on the Naas road.

There's a new fella in the one on the Greenhills Road and he seems to have some of there stock

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&BusinessID=1989&MakeID=&xMakeID=&xModelID=&xYear=

So maybe cab are not after them
    yes you are right it looks like their stock and also same premises.check out the showroom.it looks like the same place to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

It's defo the same place and I recognise most of the stock so maybe the owner ship changed hands and lets be honest the name is hardly a million miles away from the old one

No CarCare listed at that address with the Companies Registration Office.

I was told the Gardai were all over the shop in Rathfarnham last week???

Maybe the gardai raided them in the wrong. Or my source was mistaken.

I was given a reason why they were raided too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ballooba wrote:

Rathfarnham? Their website only listed premises in Tallaght and Naas road. They're the only premises I ever came across.

They had just opened Rathfarnham a week.

Fairly quick turnaround so.

That would suggest they werent expecting this.Financial trouble would usually be comign for longer than that, this seems all too sudden.

ballooba wrote:

What was the reason, was it car clocking or drugs or money laundering:D

drdre wrote:
    What was the reason, was it car clocking or drugs or money laundering:D

Hopefully it was drugs. the missus bought a car off them in march. It had just come in that day as we were there the day before. I'm off to check inside the spare wheel to see if they forgot anything. :)

Stekelly wrote:
    Hopefully it was drugs. the missus bought a car off them in march. It had just come in that day as we were there the day before. I'm off to check inside the spare wheel to see if they forgot anything. :)

So did you find anything?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

drdre wrote:
    So did you find anything?:D

He must have. He hasn't been posting here since yesterday :D

unkel wrote:
    He must have. He hasn't been posting here since yesterday :D

hehehe, any news if the stock was seized or not,will there be an auction

Well it looks like that CarCare dude is selling the stock.

Seems a little fishy. Something's up, CAB related or not.

ballooba wrote:
    Well it looks like that CarCare dude is selling the stock.

Seems a little fishy. Something's up, CAB related or not.

So in simple english they got caught for something and just changed the name and started doing business again.thats dodgy, i wouldnt be bying a car from them.

Their sites search is powered by carzone. Its currently not listing any cars for carbase.

drdre wrote:
    So in simple english they got caught for something and just changed the name and started doing business again.thats dodgy, i wouldnt be bying a car from them.

Yeah, but this means the cars are unlikely to go to auction.

Personally I wouldn't be buying off any dealer who only lists a mobile number.

Like those Jap Imports guys in Dublin Port. Wouldn't touch them with a sh!tty stick.

Although, I have visited the www.sbmotors.ie yard and they don't seem too dodgy. AFAIK they only have a mobile number, they do have a website though.

ballooba wrote:
    Yeah, but this means the cars are unlikely to go to auction.

Personally I wouldn't be buying off any dealer who only lists a mobile number.

Like those Jap Imports guys in Dublin Port. Wouldn't touch them with a sh!tty stick.

Although, I have visited the www.sbmotors.ie yard and they don't seem too dodgy. AFAIK they only have a mobile number, they do have a website though.

yeah, i wouldnt go near the traders in the port.look and carzone and there the same car being sold by 3-4 dealers and the addresses for all the dealers is dublin port.seems abit fishy to me.:rolleyes:

Is this our man?
    Money launderer 'acted under duress'

A FORMER secondhand car salesman found guilty of money laundering for a criminal currently jailed in England was yesterday given a seven-year suspended sentence.

Judge Michael White said he was satisfied that James Naylor (39), of Forest View, Pine Forest Road, Glencullen, Co Dublin, was knowingly involved with a criminal but that his life had become "nightmarish" following the arrest of that man.

"I don‘t know if Mr Naylor is a fool or a knave" he said.

But he said there were substantial mitigating circumstances. Last November, a Dublin Circuit Criminal Court jury convicted Naylor on two charges of having motor vehicles "which represented another person's proceeds of drug dealing", and one charge each of possession of €22,000 and of €31,340 "which represented another person's criminal activity".

Judge White said he was satisfied that Naylor, who had no previous convictions, knew that another man, Michael Byrne, was involved in "a stolen car racket" but did not know that he was a drug dealer.

Judge White said the case was a salutary reminder to people who had never been involved in criminal activity of "the nightmare of getting caught up with criminals".

He said that following Byrne's arrest Naylor was threatened by two "ruthless" men and was "operating under serious duress".

The court was told that Naylor was a second hand car dealer with premises in Rathfarnham Co Dublin.

Bronagh Murphy
    Jury considering verdict in Dublin money-laundering trial

07:11 Tuesday November 7th 2006

The jury in the trial of a former car salesman accused of money laundering the proceeds of crime will resume deliberations this morning.
    Thirty-eight-year-old James Naylor, of Forest View, Pine Forest Road, Glencullen, Co Dublin, has pleaded not guilty to seven charges of laundering the proceeds of criminal activities on dates between March 2001 and June 2003.

The jury will today resume deliberations on five of the seven counts after Justice Michael White directed them to find Mr Naylor not guilty of two of the charges at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.

The court heard that Mr Naylor had a business arrangement to sell cars for Michael Byrne, who was jailed for six years in the UK in April 2003 for laundering the proceeds of drug trafficking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not saying that this dealer is like that, but cars and motorbikes are a known method of money laundering.

The crim buys a load, stores them somewhere. When he needs a few quid, he sells one or two. I suppose running a commercial operation would be a bit cheeky.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 DisgruntledAli

I bought a car from Park Motors last July, In November it was taken by AIB finance as there was finance outstanding on it with the previous owner. I paid for this car from my savings. Park Motors are refusing to pay me back my money, My solicitor now tells me that it could take up to 2 years to get my money back. I now have no car and don't know when I will get my money back. I paid €56,000 for the car. It has now come to light that Carbase traded the car in to Park Motors!!

Advertisement