Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carbase bit the dust?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I bought a car from Park Motors last July, In November it was taken by AIB finance as there was finance outstanding on it with the previous owner. I paid for this car from my savings. Park Motors are refusing to pay me back my money, My solicitor now tells me that it could take up to 2 years to get my money back. I now have no car and don't know when I will get my money back. I paid €56,000 for the car. It has now come to light that Carbase traded the car in to Park Motors!!

oh my god, 56k. Can you not go to carbase and fnd out or is there no way of finding out who owned it before you so you can contact them.The bank must be able to get the money back from the first owner.what car was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

drdre wrote:
    The bank must be able to get the money back from the first owner.

They wouldn't have seized the car had that option not been explored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

testicle wrote:
    They wouldn't have seized the car had that option not been explored.

but do you no think its the garages fault for selling it to him in the first place.they should have checked before they sold it.

Advertisement