Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how bad is the geforce 7300

Options
  • 05-12-2006 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

hi, picked up a core2duo on dell outlet, and it comes with this gfx card. I'm gonna end up replacing it, but how bad/good is it paired with that processor and 1 gig ram for some new game titles? cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

It's a good CPU but the 7300 is a low end GPU to begin with so not exactly ideal however it depends on what kind of 7300 you have for example the 7300GT is considered a decent enough low end card & is fine for old games or ones which are not too graphics heavy.

But really for gaming with high details or current titles you'd want something better if you have a price range in mind I can suggest the best GPU in that range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

ok thanks, i'd imagine its the lowest of the 7300's though im not sure, im guessing i'll spend another 150-200 on a gfx, is the 7900gs a good card? i've totally lost touch since the likes of the 6600gt and 9800's !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The 7300 that comes with Dell's is the GS version, very poor for games. For 200 euro I would recommend the X1950Pro, better then the 7900GS which is the same price more or less. If you want to save about 50 quid the 7600GT is a decent card too. You could go a bit further down the line into 7600GS and X1600Pro territory and save even more money and still far outperform the 7300GS but to be honest why bother when you've gone to the trouble of getting a Core 2 Duo machine.

Also, you might want to get another 512mb of ram at least for the latest games, they will still work relatively fine on 1gig but 1.5 or even 2 will really show a decent increase in performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

yeh was thinking about getting a gig stick and swapping one out, thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I agree with Havok if you have 200 get an X1950 Pro best card at that price range.

• Advertisement
Advertisement