Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking question

Options
  • 05-12-2006 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

In some countries, I have been able to get a personal loan/overdraft to help with initial costs within a day after my arrival and I wanted to see if any here have heard or know first hand if it's the same in Ireland?

Also which banks are thought to be good in general as I will be using my account often.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

SoundProof wrote:
    In some countries, I have been able to get a personal loan/overdraft to help with initial costs within a day after my arrival and I wanted to see if any here have heard or know first hand if it's the same in Ireland?

Also which banks are thought to be good in general as I will be using my account often.

Cheers

what I was told at permamanant was that you have to be banking with them for a few months at least to qualify. I think another bank told me that it takes a year to get credit with them. Both banks volunteered this information, making me think its their standard policy, and that some may be able to get around it (ie those who really dont need the loan in the first place).

From what I have seen this is for the protection of the bank, since there is little to no real verification of your income or anything else, if they just handed that out it would expose them to people who come over, get a loan and leave.

Advertisement