Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property letting agents

Options
  • 05-12-2006 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

I need to find a good letting agent in limerick that will rent and manage my property while I am out of the country.

Can anyone recommend a property letting agent & management company. And/or give any advice in general about using such companies.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'd recommend Property Team Cusack-Dunne. Friendly outfit . 061-209000. Mark's your man for commercial letting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kerryman123

I have contacted team Cusack-dunne but they only do commerial lettings and not residential. After doing some further research I found one company that appears to do the job... castle-estates in limerick

www.castle-estates.ie/

Does anybody know how reliable this company is or what kind of a reputation they have?

Or do you know of any other Property Letting & Management agents

All input is welcomed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Homer J Simpson

My brother sold his house with Nestor Shanahan in Limerick City. They were very professional & friendly. According to their website they also do lettings.

www.nestorshanahan.com

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭wer*

I have contacted team Cusack-dunne but they only do commerial lettings and not residential. After doing some further research I found one company that appears to do the job... castle-estates in limerick

www.castle-estates.ie/

Does anybody know how reliable this company is or what kind of a reputation they have?

Or do you know of any other Property Letting & Management agents

All input is welcomed
    Have had dealing with Castle Estates twice in the past. Once in relation to a house being let by them and secondly, when they acted as the management company for a development in Casteltroy. Both times I found them unprofessional. There also seemed to be a large turnover of staff. For example, at an AGM I was given the contact details for our estate manager and when I called, she had left the job and someone else was taking over. This seemed to be happening on a regular basis. I was rarely dealing with the same person twice due to people leaving. I would avoid them if possible

wer* wrote:
    Both times I found them unprofessional. There also seemed to be a large turnover of staff. I would avoid them if possible

Cheers Wer*,

This is the type of first hand advice I am looking for. Can you tell me how recent this was(6+ months or 1+ years ago)?

The person I'm dealing with is a guy called Tom McGrath and to be fair he was up front about castle-estates having some problems previously that led to them getting a bad reputation. But said that happened under a different management team. He also told me that the company he works for have bought out Castle estates and these problems have been resolved.

I will find out the name of the company that bought out castle-estates tomorrow and let you know.

I am interested in your thoughts and views on this so please feel free to give me your tuppence worth be it positive or negative

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭wer*

I haven't had any dealings with them in about 6/7 months. Prior to that was dealing with them for about 3+ years. Not sure if I ever had any dealings with Tom McGrath - there was such a staff turnover that I dealt with a lot of different people.

Last time I was dealing with them there had been a change in management and everything was being routed through Dublin. Maybe things are being run in a better way but if not, I would avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Avoid Castle Estates, they are the management agents for my apartment and they are hopeless.

Thanks again... its great to get this first hand information.

Can you expand a little as to why they are hopeless, difficulty in finding suitable tenants, don't manage the apartment properly, difficult to get straight answers from etc...

Can you recommend any other agents? This would be really helpful

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

Limerick residential lettings didn't look for ANY references or previous details when they let my flat to me, however, my place is an odd situation in that they were only finding tenants and the landlord manages after that so they might not have been as bothered about who they were letting in.. Castle estates were OVER careful then on the other hand and actually put us off renting from them cause they were looking for so much paperwork...

Advertisement