Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bae

Options
  • 05-12-2006 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is he sh1t? Since the start of the season Ive wanted to beleive he is good and that he will develop into a great LB(after his performances pre season), but hes just crap. He cant defend for his life, he gives away pointless free kicks in dangerous areas, he cant even seem to clear the ball! How many times when he gets the ball to his feet and its a matter of a simple clearence does he blast it out for a throw or lose it?

Then theres his "attacking ability" which is supposedly his great strength. Im sorry but I cant recall him in any game ive seen causing defenses any trouble or even putting in a decent cross.He was absolutely atrocious against arsenal on sunday. Am I being to hard on him? Is there anyone out there who thinks he is good? Personally I prefer lee in the role. What do others think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Babybing wrote:
    Am I being to hard on him?

In a word, yes.

He's a kid, still learning the game. Like the last few transfer windows, we've bough 5/6 players and thrown them into out first XI expecting them to perform. Thats not the environment for a young kid to adapt to the English game, give him time.

I've seen him in the flesh 10/11 games now, and a lot of the stuff he does is simple but doesn't get the coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 browbrow

I think he is an improvment on Atouba, Edman and Lee. Lets give him the season and see how he progress's before passing judgement. He looks good on the ball, and his tackling is nice and aggressive IMO, Positionally he is vunerable but that will come with experience and i would like to see him block more crosses. Opposition wingers seem to get there crosses in too easily down his flank again as he adapts to the pace of the prem hopefully this will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I think some of us are expecting too much ... once he settles down abit and gets used to the pace of the game ...then he will be ok ... he's quick, got a reasonable left foot and will get better ...aslong as we give him time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

I think you're completely right. Ridiculously over-rated. Lee has his place back for the season now.
    If you want to see how poor BAE is, look at him when he has the ball at his feet, he has to look at it constantly when running, head down like a 15 year old. Incredibly average.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Where was he for the goal? and I thought he was playing a bit better than usual up to that point.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Bye-bye! Lee having a stormer.

Advertisement