Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chicken on the M50!

Options
  • 05-12-2006 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

I kid you not.
    Anyone see it this afternoon??!! I saw it around 4pm. He was just pecking around on the grass just past the Ballymount bridge going northbound. The poor thing hadn't a clue where he was I'd say. I almost wanted to pull over and rescue it. Nothing like a nice fresh egg from a chicken's ass... :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Heard about a chicken on the M50 on 98fm last Tuesday, followed by a load of awful "Why did the chicken cross the road?" jokes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

Drax wrote:
    I kid you not.
    Anyone see it this afternoon??!! I saw it around 4pm. He was just pecking around on the grass just past the Ballymount bridge going northbound. The poor thing hadn't a clue where he was I'd say. I almost wanted to pull over and rescue it. Nothing like a nice fresh egg from a chicken's ass... :D

god dam it i thought you wer going to say there was people playin chicking on the motorway.an impossible task ill admit:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I thought this was a thread about people playing chicken on the m50,. Apparently its a popular enough method of suicide in Germany among young men.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Saw one a few weeks ago also....couldn't believe my eyes but then it was announced on DCAL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Stekelly wrote:
    I thought this was a thread about people playing chicken on the m50,. Apparently its a popular enough method of suicide in Germany among young men.

Jaysus, wouldn't like to come across that.

My sister found a chap unconcious in the middle of the Stillorgan DC one particularly inclement night.

She was preggers at the time so she had to stop and wait for another car to come and investigate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Misinterpreted the title too. Thank goodness. Hopefully we'll have no more of those inbreeds killing themselves without ensuring the Gardai close the road to protect the public

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Drax wrote:
    I kid you not.
    Anyone see it this afternoon??!! I saw it around 4pm. He was just pecking around on the grass just past the Ballymount bridge going northbound. The poor thing hadn't a clue where he was I'd say

Are you sure it wasn't Martin Cullen?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Séan Moncrieff also had a load of texts in on his show last week about this, including one from "The Chicken" to say "Séan, there are loads of cars on the M50" :rolleyes: as well as numerous "chicken, road" jokes as MrJoeSoap said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

unkel wrote:
    Misinterpreted the title too.
    Hehe... I knew that would happen.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Drax wrote:
    Hehe... I knew that would happen.... :D

Ya bad article ya :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

It was a female pheasant not a hen.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

I saw the chicken this morning 4 mts on from the original post. He was picking away at the grass in between the Tallaght and Ballmount exits. It's mad that he has survived that long living on the M50 and for the whole winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,769 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i found two ducks in the carpark in work this morning... fearless they are, had to weave the car between them

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He/She/It must be nesting under the trees at that point. I saw it a few weeks back too. I'd say it actually gets very warm (relatively) around there between 7am and 7pm from all the traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How has the chicken wire affected the situation?

Advertisement