Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Perth England Team.

• 05-12-2006 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Squad

Bell
    Pietersen
    Read
    Joyce
    Cook
    Strauss
    Jones

Flintoff
    Collingwood

Anderson
    Giles
    Panesar
    Harmison
    Plunket
    Hoggard
    Mohmoud

Averages

Batting

P D Collingwood----109.66
    K P Pietersen
    I R Bell
    A F Giles
    A N Cook
    A Flintoff
    A J Strauss
    G O Jones

Bowling

M J Hoggard
    A Flintoff
    A F Giles
    J M Anderson
    S J Harmison

Horrific after the top two in both disciplines.

Perth is another batting friendly wicket with little action for seam bowling which means Spin is the weapon of choice therefore Monty must be given a chance at Giles expense. I'd drop Strauss down the order and add Joyce (yes really) to partner Collingwood neither is likely to cause fires to break out but both can rack up big scores through steady unfussy play so Cook will have to pay. Jones is not adding much to the runs while Read is useful and proberly deserves a go.

Collingwood Bt
    Joyce Bt
    Bell Bt
    Pietersen Bt
    Flintoff Bt/Bo
    Strauss Bt
    Read Bt/Wk
    Panesar Bo
    Harmison Bo
    Hoggard Bo
    Mohmoud Bo

Mad?

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i dont know a huge amount about cricket but i'll throw my 2 cents in.

I would stick with Jones. He hasnt made any mistakes and to change it now would just have the media on his back even more and i'd say alot of the players would be very puzzled by Fletcher dropping a player who hasnt done anything badly. I still think chris Read should of been picked from the start, but i wouldnt put him in now. Maybe on the last test when its all over just go give him a go, but not now.

If its a batting friendly wicket then there is no way in hell i would have Mohmoud in there, hes far to erratic and would get hammered all over the park.

I'd probaly drop anderson and play Giles and Monty if Perth is more spin friendly then seam. Panisar definitly has to be included though, it will be a shocking decision if he isnt. It seems Fletcher is going to keep giles though. Delighted i am not english, i'd be tearing my hair out.

Dont know alot about Joyce so cant really say if he should be in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I wouldn't be suprised if it's the same team again. Fletcher is incredibly loyal (stubborn). Unless pressured heavily by others Monty won't be included. The general consensus was he wouldn't bowl a ball this series before what happened yesterday, and it was the batting that lost England the test. As rubbish as Giles was it wouldn't suprised me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It was englands in-ability to bowl the aussies out when they batted first that cost them winning the match. Even when Aussies were batting to win i think they would of seriously struggled if monty had been playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It was englands in-ability to bowl the aussies out when they batted first that cost them winning the match. Even when Aussies were batting to win i think they would of seriously struggled if monty had been playing.

Not winning the match was one thing, but losing it was something completely different and can't be blamed on anything else but the 2nd innings batting performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

I wouldn't be suprised if it's the same team again. Fletcher is incredibly loyal (stubborn). Unless pressured heavily by others Monty won't be included. The general consensus was he wouldn't bowl a ball this series before what happened yesterday, and it was the batting that lost England the test. As rubbish as Giles was it wouldn't suprised me.
    if only giles would have taken that catch it could have been so different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Another one of those, "what's it like to drop the ashes" moments. A certain SK Warne did the same on the final morning of The Oval test in 2005.... KP Pietersen was the batsman...

My team would be...

Strauss
    Joyce
    Bell
    Pietersen
    Collingwood
    Flintoff
    Read
    Hoggard
    Panesar
    Broad
    Plunkett or Mahmood

A toss up for the last spot, imo, as neither inspire any confidence, haven't played themselves much this series. I can see Harmison playing, but if not, Id like to see Broad in, but I dunno what he has done so far in the Academy in Perth.

As for the Aussies, same again, but maybe if Watson is fit, Martyn gets dropped?? A 5th bowler would be handy for them, and Martyn would have to go, but not if Watson isnt fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Collingwood Bt
    Joyce Bt
    Bell Bt
    Pietersen Bt
    Flintoff Bt/Bo
    Strauss Bt
    Read Bt/Wk
    Panesar Bo
    Harmison Bo
    Hoggard Bo
    Mohmoud Bo

Actual

Strauss
    Cook
    Bell
    Collingwood
    Flintoff
    Pietersen
    Jones
    Panesar
    Hoggard
    Harmison
    Mahmood

Not so far out! ;)

Mike.

pat on the back for mike please;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And look how well they did! :mad:

Mike.

• Advertisement

tipical england,bowl the aussie`s out for a nothing total and then get bowled out for less than a nothing total:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

And then bowl nothing for a huge total :D

Advertisement