Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nothing really to do with leaving cert but...

Options
  • 05-12-2006 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

this is nothing really to do with leaving cert but i didnt know were else to stick anyway ill be 18 next week so ill be goin to get an age card i suppose n ive heard they take like months to get but i was told if you put ur name down on the application form in irish it,ll come faster like ina few weeks or so this true or is it total bs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'd be interested to find out.

Could go either way. There could possibly be someone there who receives only the ones in Gaeilge, but since Irish is still a requirement to pass to become a Garda I'd assume that all the forms go in together, and so you wouldn't be bumped up or get it quicker. And on the other hand, you might get put at the back of the pile since none of them can translate what you've written!

Just get it in and wait. What's a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

for the few weeks someone said 3-4 and i think the only part you actually write in irish is your name anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I dunno how an agecard would be produced faster, but I know that you can jump the queue in waiting for driving tests if you do it as Gaeilge considering you need a gaelgeoir for an examiner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

People always say the age card takes months or "forever" to arrive, but it's not really that bad. When I got mine it took around 5.5 weeks, just apply for it any forget about it until it comes.
    It's really handy to have as you can keep it in your wallet, and not as scary to lose as a passport, a replacement is free, and you need it for some places like Tesco, who plain won't accept any other ID!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

5 and a half weeks aint that bad i suppose i cud go that long without 'buying' drink i guess lol:p

Advertisement