Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Returns To Dublin!

• 05-12-2006 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

From WWE.com

WWE RAW returns to Dublin on 6 June 2007. Tickets on-sale Monday 18 December at 9 a.m.

WWE Raw

Date: June 6, 2007
    Time: 7:30 p.m.
    Venue: The Point Theatre
    City/State: Dublin, Ireland

On-Sale Date: Monday 18 December 2006 at 9:00 a.m.

Ticket Information:
    Tickets: 75.50 €, 65.00 €, 54.25 €, 33.20 €

Charge by phone:
    In Ireland 0818 719391
    UK 0870 243 4455
    International +353 1 4-569-569

Orders tickets on line at: www.ticketmaster.ie

WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT action Returns to DUBLIN!

AIKEN PROMOTIONS PRESENTS RAW LIVE!

Featuring WWE RAW Superstars
    Including
    John Cena
    Triple H
    Edge
    Randy Orton
    Ric Flair
    Umaga
    Jeff Hardy
    Carlito
    The Highlanders
    Candice Michelle
    Torrie Wilson

Plus many more!
    Line-Up subject to change.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Good to hear something officially announced and it's Raw for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Finally.........................RAW has come back to Dublin......Ireland!

Thank God, i'm def getting tickets to that! I hope CM Punk will be on tha card, hes the brightest young star in the WWE today!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

yeah definately going to this. i'd say it will b hard to get tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

no HBK? no DX?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

no HBK? no DX?

Thinking the same myself, good indictaor that DX's run will end by Mania or even before it. Won't be able to go myslef as i'll be in New York for the summer. Ah well I guess going to Summerslam in MSG will have to do:rolleyes: :o

• Advertisement

Well, it is 7 months away, half the names they put down mightn't even be there by then and plus there will surely new additions to the show aswell!!

Wasn't HBK supposed to be taking time off after DX finishes anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

feckin leaving cert :(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

in that list they are only naming possible superstars that are scheduled to turn up oso I think that DX could still come along

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Thinking the same myself, good indictaor that DX's run will end by Mania or even before it. Won't be able to go myslef as i'll be in New York for the summer. Ah well I guess going to Summerslam in MSG will have to do:rolleyes: :o

Sorry to burst your bubble charlie but....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_SummerSlam

^^ New Jersey is right next to new york...not far at all.....

• Advertisement

Yeah I saw that aswel today. It ain't too big a deal, I have been to that arena before, the last time I was in New York so its not a problem but, I would have loved to have seen a Big PPV in MSG, the home of the wwf/wwe in my view.

I know this is completely off topic but I didn't think it merited a whole thread, but I was over on rajah and read this, to say I was surpised is an understatement;

In a recent interview with the Canadian Press, Hulk Hogan compared his wrestling career to the music career of his daughter Brooke. Hogan said, "I've been classified as the greatest wrestler of all-time, but the truth is, there were thousands of wrestlers that were better than me. I'm not a good wrestler. But I had a look, and I talked a certain way, and timing-wise, I was very lucky."f

Yeah I saw that aswel today. It ain't too big a deal, I have been to that arena before, the last time I was in New York so its not a problem but, I would have loved to have seen a Big PPV in MSG, the home of the wwf/wwe in my view.

I know this is completely off topic but I didn't think it merited a whole thread, but I was over on rajah and read this, to say I was surpised is an understatement;

In a recent interview with the Canadian Press, Hulk Hogan compared his wrestling career to the music career of his daughter Brooke. Hogan said, "I've been classified as the greatest wrestler of all-time, but the truth is, there were thousands of wrestlers that were better than me. I'm not a good wrestler. But I had a look, and I talked a certain way, and timing-wise, I was very lucky."f

Damn...hulk hogan admitting that he is not the best wrestler etc?Im shocked:eek: He is one of the last wrestlers that I would expect to admit that he wasnt the greatest

I know, it is very suprising, usually Hogan is quite pompus but his description of his carear seems to hit the nail on the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm even more surprised that he'd put down his daughter's career like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Sorry to burst your bubble charlie but....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_SummerSlam
    isn't giants stadium in NJ too.

anyway was wondering about Michaels, did he sign a new contract in 04 when his last one ran out or is he pay for play, he could be getting ready to retire after mania.

Nope, he signed a new contract in August of this year, a five year deal worth $1.5m a year

Fozzy wrote:
    Nope, he signed a new contract in August of this year, a five year deal worth $1.5m a year

he was considering retirement before that was offered to him because he certainly didnt expect wwe to offer him a 7.5 million dollar contract which he couldnt refuse

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

We might get a decent show now the last few Mmackdown shows we got we horrible to be honest hopefully Punk is there Im keeping my fingers crossed!

the ticketmaster place in stephens green was a ****in joke...the ****ers arrived a few mins after the tickets went on sale and that was the first night gone.I waited for the second and got 2nd row which im delighted about considering how pissed off I was when they arrived late

my friend went up to get them but he was told the tickets would be like 26 rows back so he said no but they never told him about the 2nd date(f*****s) so now i have to wait till he comes home from college to see about getting tickets for the following day. hopefully it won't be to late to get good seats

• Advertisement

my friend went up to get them but he was told the tickets would be like 26 rows back so he said no but they never told him about the 2nd date(f*****s) so now i have to wait till he comes home from college to see about getting tickets for the following day. hopefully it won't be to late to get good seats
    if the sales for the first show were anything to go by it could be sold out.I was standing looking at the screen and tickets were literally disappearing when they were available a second earlier

6th row for the first night,not too shabby :D

im in row m block f for the 2nd night. its kind of weird because that is where i was the last time smackdown was in the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

block j row k on the first night for me,was on the net reloading the ticketmaster homepage until it said find tickets,glad i got these,wrestlemania in april then raw in june woohoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

I got tickets for both nights block h on the first night and block j on the second.I didn't even know there was second night added until i checked ticketmaster at lunch time.will they be adding any more dates or will they just stay at the two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

BLOCKM, row H, seats 18-16
    Don't know if they are good or bad seats.
    Look ok on the seating chart?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

"I've been classified as the greatest wrestler of all-time, but the truth is, there were thousands of wrestlers that were better than me. I'm not a good wrestler. But I had a look, and I talked a certain way, and timing-wise, I was very lucky."

That's going to be the first line of John Cena's autobiography....:D :p

well the thing with the point is its small so you can see everything no matter where you sit,i was in block f for the last time raw was here and i could see perfectly

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    I got tickets for both nights block h on the first night and block j on the second.I didn't even know there was second night added until i checked ticketmaster at lunch time.will they be adding any more dates or will they just stay at the two?

They usually do 2 nights here, so I'd say that is all thats going to be announced!

• Advertisement

They usually do 2 nights here, so I'd say that is all thats going to be announced!
    co-sign...

had a look on ticketmaster today and there was 2 balcony tickets just sitting there,got them so now heading to both shows,anyone ever sat in the balcony at the point?whats it like up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

krudler wrote:
    had a look on ticketmaster today and there was 2 balcony tickets just sitting there,got them so now heading to both shows,anyone ever sat in the balcony at the point?whats it like up there

The view is great. You can see everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Hi all.........I have a son who will be 7 when this event is on in June. Personally I think he is too young to go and this is what me and his mum have been telling him. However he is really keen on going.

I have little knowledge or experience of the Pro Wrestling scene, other then watching bits and pieces on SKY with my son.

I'd be very interested and grateful for some opinions on what age one should start considering allowing a kid go to one of these events.

Many thanks,
    eigrod.

eigrod wrote:
    I have little knowledge or experience of the Pro Wrestling scene, other then watching bits and pieces on SKY with my son.

I'd be very interested and grateful for some opinions on what age one should start considering allowing a kid go to one of these events.

Many thanks,
    eigrod.

Its a tough one.

I think the first thing to say is that you can be pretty sure he won't see anything worse than what he's been watching on tv. If anything its generally tamer because they have such a tough schedule.

The second thing to say is that he wouldn't be the only 7 year old there. The more they come here, the younger the audience that goes to it seems to be each time. I'd say a quarter of the audience is under 11 with another high proportion being there dads or mams bringing them along.

The house shows I've been to have been more an emphasis on fun.

Its very pantomine like. Music, comedy, smoke, booing, cheering, bad guys and good guys. But yeah, there's wrestling too.

He will hear bad language, he will most likely see Maria semi-naked and wrestling by its nature is violent looking.

If he really likes it, I'm sure he'd love it and its something he won't forget but I guess you have to weigh up whether he's old enough yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Thanks for the comprehensive & informative reply Vince. That was very helpful

Is WWE the best of the shows that come to town ? I know there was another one in the Point recently. If WWE is the best one, when is the next time it is likely to be in Dublin after 2007, cos maybe he'll be old enough then to take along ?

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

eigrod wrote:
    Thanks for the comprehensive & informative reply Vince. That was very helpful

Is WWE the best of the shows that come to town ? I know there was another one in the Point recently. If WWE is the best one, when is the next time it is likely to be in Dublin after 2007, cos maybe he'll be old enough then to take along ?

Thanks again.

It's the only major wrestling show that comes to town.

The one that came to the Point last time was the WWE. Basically they split their roster into 2 brands Raw and Smackdown (because by doing that they can make more money, 2 places in once and all that) but the content is pretty much the same.

In 2005, they came 3 times doing 5 shows . This year they only came once doing 2 shows. But they get consistent sell out, so you can be sure they'll be back.

yeah the house shows are pretty tame,no chairshots or anything too violent,its basic wrestling with emphasis on putting on an entertaining show,you boo the bad guys and cheer the favourites,i was at a show in 2004 and there were loads of kids there,if he just watches the highlight shows such as velocity and afterburn then he'll be ok,yes wrestling is violent by its very nature,but he'll have a ball cheering the guys he sees on tv

My tickets arrived today!:D
    I can't wait! Never been to ANY wrestling show before!

my tickets came too only my stupid bitch of a postwoman dropped them in A PUDDLE on the way to the house,theyre soaked! theyre still readable and the barcodes and holograms are all ok,hope they get me in! if not ill hunt her down and pedigree her on the roof of her postvan!

Just mind you don't tear your quad doing it, you might miss the shows too

• Advertisement

Feck her! What a muppet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

This week on smackdown it said that raw is coming to the odesssy in Belfast does anyone know when the tickets go on sale?It doesn't say on WWE.com or ticketmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Tickets on sale 3rd March.
    WWE on 19th Oct...

http://www.odysseyarena.com/whatson_new_pop_up.asp?id=652

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Hi all! A desperately out of touch Dad here with a fanatical little kid. Of course, I missed the tickets for the Dublin show totally. If anybody has a spare or unwanted couple, I'd be very grateful if you pm'd me on here.
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

langerland i,m in the same boat,got a young lad here going on at me about booking online lol but there long gone and sold out.
    i see wwe tickets on fleabay and other places looking for stupid amounts of money,pure touts these people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

went to the last Raw show havent been to a live event since i was 7, must say it was great craic, the gf bought them seeing as were up in dublin for a match on the saturday so decided to go to the event on a sunday night.

One thing I have to note is the amount of men in their 20's /30' walking around with the belt strapped round their waist throwing shapes when they were walking around the place!

The guy in front bought the last hulkamania t shirt...gutted!

id love one of those championship belts,not the spinner one though they suck,this is the best belt ever:Modified_WWE_Attitude_belt.jpg

krudler wrote:
    id love one of those championship belts,not the spinner one though they suck,this is the best belt ever:Modified_WWE_Attitude_belt.jpg
    il definitley be forking out however amount of money it is to get a fullsize replica of the original wwf title

fatal wrote:
    il definitley be forking out however amount of money it is to get a fullsize replica of the original wwf title

At 'Mania last year there was a lad with the old school "winged eagle" belt on one shoulder,the old school IC title (with yellow Warrior strap) on the other shoulder and a tag team belt around his waist! Thats $1200 gone straight away!!! :eek:

At 'Mania last year there was a lad with the old school "winged eagle" belt on one shoulder,the old school IC title (with yellow Warrior strap) on the other shoulder and a tag team belt around his waist! Thats $1200 gone straight away!!! :eek:

****in hell...i wish that I had money like that to burn

• Advertisement
Advertisement