Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Cinema

• 05-12-2006 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

As the other thread has died i'm gonna begin this. When on earth is the new cinema opening? The other one is just so bad i havn't been to the cinema in about a year. Wasn't the railway square one supposed to open a year ago? Any word on the date yet? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

it'll be after christmas sometime to be honest, its getting their but it'll be awhile

and they've just given the current cinema a new coat of paint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

new coat of paint eh?

Where i didn't notice it with all the popcorn on the floor and my shoes sticking to the tiled areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Not even a new lick of paint could make me head back in there *Shudder* :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Oooooohhhhhh ...... come to the dungarvan cinema Funxy ....... join us ......... Oooooohhhhhhhh.
    *Beckons*

Just realise that people might acutally think I work there i'm promoting it so much, well I dont (just for the record).

As another poster said I dont think I could bring myself to go back to the cinema on Patrick street, they left it go to the absolute dogs because the people of waterford had no choice, now with people vacating to the dungarvan cinema and the immenent opening of at least one new cinema in the city itself they're starting to panic and make the place look presentable.

This new cinema could be one of the best things to happen to the city in the last few years tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I heard that the old cinema will be selling up when the new cinema opens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yup I heard that too. Apparently the rumour is another superpub in it's place. ****ing excellent!! Just what we need, another ****ing superpub:D *sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

BadCharlie wrote:
    I heard that the old cinema will be selling up when the new cinema opens.

The guys who own the Waterford cinema own almost all the cinemas in Ireland. They're not panicking about the new cinema opening, infact I heard the reason the old cinema might close is because they're going to be the ones running the new cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Asmodean wrote:
    Yup I heard that too. Apparently the rumour is another superpub in it's place. ****ing excellent!! Just what we need, another ****ing superpub:D *sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm*

And yet we have McCann objecting to Cinema's and not to pubs... makes me madddddddddd

You know what c-16 i think i will. I've been saying i would for ages. What's it like up there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

• Advertisement

Excellent, i'll be heading down there next week so :D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

JPA wrote:
    The guys who own the Waterford cinema own almost all the cinemas in Ireland. They're not panicking about the new cinema opening, infact I heard the reason the old cinema might close is because they're going to be the ones running the new cinema.

Storm are the new owners of the Cimena in railway square, and not that shower who run the one in Patrick Street.

Advertisement