Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving test and work

Options
  • 05-12-2006 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

rite so, i already booked my driving test for category b, but now, ive been told that dad will give me a letter to speed things along. is it to late now that ive already applied or can i still do it, i applied about 5 months ago now. btw i work for da and i'm a registered driver, so he'd say i need it for work reasons.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

9.5 out of 10 people get these letters. IT WILL NOT SPEED UP YOUR TEST. FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

FX Meister wrote:

Depends where it's from. I had one sent in from the HSE and got my test in 3 weeks :D

(Genuine reason though)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

FX Meister wrote:

Bull****. Plenty of people have had their tests in no time with an employer's letter. You just need to be willing to do the test at a moment's notice and specify such when you're applying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

You can still send in the employers letter. I send it in after i applied too and it got me a test that month. And 9.5people donot send in a letter.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There are plenty of cancelled tests (most of which are not pre-notified to the DoT) - IIRC something like 20% of tests are no shows or cancellations.
    It is the cancellations where the candidate has the decency to contact the DoT that are reissued to those on a sort of back up waiting list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement