Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have a socket 754 motherboard?

• 05-12-2006 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

First off Im sorry if the mods get mad at me putting this here, But I have already putt an Add on Adverts and have had no response .

Does anyone have a socket754 motherboard ?

I have a blown board but am not sure if the rest of the components are working.

cheers
    chirs. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭SeanieM

You can get one of those from Ebyuer for about £20+ in the UK. I recently bought one because my motherboard went bust for under £30 including postage.
    www.ebuyer.com or try www.misco.co.uk/

I don't know the cost to Ireland though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah cheers man, but I dont have a credit card , I cant order from any online stores.

So it would be really good, if someone had a spare laying around or something that they would give in exchange for a few notes , or preferably free :) .

Its eating away at me knowing that i have the components in my house to make a pc that might just about be able to play BF2 , but that it wont work cause a dead mobo.

Heres a link to my add on adverts.
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=11447&cat=25

Cheers
    chris :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭SeanieM

Perhaps you want to find out where a lot of this stuff gets dumped.
    Lots of factories and businesses change their hardware every few years and it could be possible to get the main box for next to nothing and even a better one than you are after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i have one but i'm not 100% sure it works (i've no way to test it). If you cover postage you can have it.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yeah cheers man, but I dont have a credit card , I cant order from any online stores.

Why not go down the road of the 3v card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

RuggieBear wrote:
    i have one but i'm not 100% sure it works (i've no way to test it). If you cover postage you can have it.

Hey cheers man that would be great , yeah I'll cover postage. pm me your address and how much you reckon it will cost to post.

This is much appreciated :)

Aquos76 Yeah I have looked into using those , but there is somehting about them that i dont like.

Cheers
    Chris

P.S. Im still looking for a board seeing as there is a possibility the above will not work. Ill post back here when I get it to let you know whether it works or not. :)

Advertisement