Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Leak

Options
  • 05-12-2006 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all can anyone help I seem to have a large damp stain on the ceiling of the front bedroom in a two bed townhouse beneath the attic. Been up to look in the attic thought I had found the probelm which was the tank continously filling from the ball cock. But had a look today and it looks like the stain is expanding even though the drip in the attic has stopped. Has anyone else had an attic leak or damp ceiling issue thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Is it in the centre of your bedroom ceiling ? Possibilities are a loose roof tile or if it is near the chimney stack, then it could be the flashing or plaster work around the chimney that's not sealed properly.

If it is a recent leak, then it is most likely rain given the amount of it we've had over the past week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mjc ire

I had the exact same leak in the front bedroom two weeks ago.
    Got builders in to look and they said it was from the bathroom fan upstairs. The tube runs through the attic and condensation was forming all around it and leaking into the ceiling.

They put somethig underneath it and have said they will be back to paint it when the ceiling drys out.

In the last week we have also had problems with the downstairs ceiling leaking but this is another problem altogether... to do with the upstairs window sill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

If you are in the Grove or the Park and want to contact the Residents Committee please e-mail Charlesland@gmail.com

Advertisement