Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

window seals

Options
  • 05-12-2006 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Haya,

ive an old mazda 121.

Its in great shape, except that the windows are fogged up in the cold mornings. Im assuming its a window seal problem (no leaks and its foggy before i get in in the morning). Am i right?

Is this a big deal, or should i have a go at it myself?

Are seals easy to come by? (its the ford fiesta shape one)

How much do you reckon?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Its more than likely a water leak into the car through the rear tail lamps, its a regular weak spot with them. Window seals don't usually leak. If you dry out the car with a dehumidifier after fixing the leak the car shouldn't cause any more problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

very good! ta

Ill have a goo later. Is it a crack i should be looking for? Any idea on how to seal the crack?

Its my forst time :o

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It could be a crack in the lens of the lamp or just the seal behind the lamp. The lamp is held in by two or three nuts, open them and take the lamp out and replace the lamp or seal. Check inside where the spare wheel is too and see if the water is filling up in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

great! thanks for that

Advertisement