Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundcards

Options
  • 06-12-2006 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

I know this could go in Comp/Tech but I'm looking for specific opinions.

Anyway I'm looking to buy a new quality sound card and I was wondering what people would recommend? I mainly need low, low latency and as good a sound I can get for under E150. I'm looking at the M-AUDIO DELTA 1010LT and it seems pretty good. Any alternatives I should consider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Those boys over in Comp/tech wouldn't know a good sound card if it bit them in the arse. :D
    M-Audio have a pretty decent reputation for home studios, nothing earth shattering but solid enough. They are also now owned by Avid, one of the biggest players in the pro-audio. What type of music will you be making and what kind of instruments will you be recording? Do you have any mics or other gear at the moment that you might want to be compatible with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

the Terratec DMX6 Fire is pretty good and you should be able to pick one up for less than 150 plus it has the breakout box so all your interfaces fit nicely on your drive bay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well I mainly make electronic stuff so its all in the digital domain really but I do have a digital piano/synth that I'd like to record. Ultimately I just want something with <10ms delay ASIO support so that I can use said piano to control soft synths without delay. Some quality DACs/ADCs would be nice aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

eamon234 wrote:
    the Terratec DMX6 Fire is pretty good and you should be able to pick one up for less than 150 plus it has the breakout box so all your interfaces fit nicely on your drive bay
    <SNIP. Use our adverts section if you want to sell something>
    I've got one of these I'm thinking of selling. Moving over to laptop so dont need it. I know this isnt a buy/sell forum but let me know if you'd be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Anima wrote:
    I know this could go in Comp/Tech but I'm looking for specific opinions.

Anyway I'm looking to buy a new quality sound card and I was wondering what people would recommend? I mainly need low, low latency and as good a sound I can get for under E150. I'm looking at the M-AUDIO DELTA 1010LT and it seems pretty good. Any alternatives I should consider?

How many I/O you need ?

I really like the old Lynx PCI cards...a Delta was my first interface maybe 8 years ago, and I had a Lynx One briefy after it...BIG jump up in qualily.

Might be a bit out of your budget, don't now what they are going for these days,

Nathan

• Advertisement
Advertisement