Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N80 - Looking to buy one. Cheap, online/offline.

• 06-12-2006 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Can't seem to find anywhere offering this at a decent price, not looking to pay €400 for it. Sorry to post this here, I've tried adverts.ie and ebay.

But I'm looking for Sim free, or locked to Meteor, Vodafone or 3. (ireland). Will go online or offline. Or if anyones looking to offload one let me know. ;)

If anyone has any advice please reply, otherwise just let the thread sink.

Cheers.

edit: Does anyone own one? What's the verdict?

edit2: Was looking at the GPS tomtom software, is it worth it? Can anyone recommend a decent bluetooth GPS receiver?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hi as you know i have one, its currently FS. ;) Im only changing to try something different, ive had symbian phones for years now.

Its a very good phone with unsurpassed functionality. Best mobile phone screen and web browser bar none, great camera and video playback and loads of 3rd party apps.

I have used both tomtom and route 66. Tomtom is only any good if you have the western europe maps with ireland as they are navteq, the normal tomtom maps are teleatlas and therefore crap for ireland.

ANy of the bt gps recievers on ebay will do, the new slim 20-32 sat ones are best but most will do the job.

As regards getting one cheap, i think 3 sell them for near 400 locked on billpay and no one else does them. You could take a chance on ebay but you wont get one from a reliable seller for less than 340 odd and thats without post costs etc. Im open to reasonable offers on mine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Pm sent!

Definitely looking to get Tomtom gps software + receiver for it, and stick it on the dash in the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I am considering selling mine too. Comes preinstalled with Route 66 which I bought earlier this year. Only problem is that you will need to get a GPS receiver as mine was stolen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maxitwist

chrislad wrote:
    I am considering selling mine too. Comes preinstalled with Route 66 which I bought earlier this year. Only problem is that you will need to get a GPS receiver as mine was stolen.

just intrested - how much & what network/bill pay or credit?

I'd be looking at around 350ish as I'll have to buy another memory card to replace the one I will send. That or I can send you the Route 66 disc and serial code and you can have the phone for 300ish with no memory card.

Was a sim free unit. It's unlocked completely.

Will probably put on adverts.ie later today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

300? That's really low. I paid 350 for mine today, they retail for 500euro new, how much did you pay for yours?

They're retailing for approx 460 from expansys now. I can't recall how much I paid. Think it was aronnd 400 or so.

300 is without the memory card, which you need for the GPS (which is about 200megs or so).

Advertisement