Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 wins in a row at home in League

Options
  • 06-12-2006 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

First time since 1993 - and we still should be further up the table!!

Huddlestone was superb - why was he not playing on Saturday??:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Massive win.3 points on Saturday will set us up nicely for the festive period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Yeah we're only 3 off third now and should be able to beat Charlton on Saturday. Looking better but we still need to get some away league form!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im really really impressed with huddlestone.

he more than makes up for the departed carrick in my opinion with his passing, but he is also one hell of a big fella, can tackle better and doesnt pull out of a tackle!

id love to see him as defensive midfielder and zakora as attacking mid tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

id love to see him as defensive midfielder and zakora as attacking mid tbh.

Totally agree .... There were glimpses of that against Boro' ... some of the surging runs he did were excellent and my god he has some speed on him when he gets motoring

I'm not completely sure about playing Zokora as an attacking midfielder per se. He seems to be very good at getting the ball deep then surging forward and pushing play up the pitch. I'm not sure he looks like he'd be so effective receiving the ball in attacking positions and picking out passes/shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

That's now six wins in a row and Huddlestone again was superb today. Huddlestone I think is an ideal replacement for Carrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

ruiseal wrote:
    That's now six wins in a row and Huddlestone again was superb today. Huddlestone I think is an ideal replacement for Carrick.

Couldn't agree more ... he is more than a carrick replacement ... can pick out a pass, tackle and has a good shot on him .. he will only get better and stronger :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Robxxx7 wrote:
    Couldn't agree more ... he is more than a carrick replacement ... can pick out a pass, tackle and has a good shot on him .. he will only get better and stronger :eek:

And he's built like a brick zhithouse which means he keeps getting up when others are down with concussion, or have got a boot in the chest, or an elbow to the head...:D

They were saying on Today FM that it was our 9th straight home win in all competitions.

Andrew 83 wrote:
    They were saying on Today FM that it was our 9th straight home win in all competitions.

Correct, full record:

P 12
    W 10
    D 1
    L 1
    F 24
    A 9

Only 4 clean sheets though :( , the last being against the Bingo Club in October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Correct, full record:

P 12
    W 10
    D 1
    L 1
    F 24
    A 9

Only 4 clean sheets though :( , the last being against the Bingo Club in October.
    yep, we're looking good at home but I'm sure we'll get an away win (or two;) in our next two games- Man City and Newcastle..

who are The Bingo Club? :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote:

who are The Bingo Club? :confused:

West Ham

aka Wham, the Spammers.

p.s. full title Canning Town Social and Bingo club.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

p.s. full title Canning Town Social and Bingo club.
    ok, I getcha now... I hate The Bingo Club. hope they go down...:D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Was wondering who the Bingo club were too!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

knew who they were, just not where it came from.

but i agree, huddlestone was awesome again at the weekend. taake what i said about him earlier, and double it.

and again, tainio came back and was brilliant. im begining to think that huddlestone and tainio, or huddlestone and lennon in the middle. ive been impressed with ghaly on the right when he has been out there. goddamn it, we have too many talented players! i have no idea what our best squad is!

but it was great to see the forwards doing the business. 2 great goals from berby, defoe back to his old form scoring 30 yard screamers. i dont know how he gets so much power into such a short backswing.

and its not as if charlton werent a bad side on saturday. we just out-played them. and we took our chances. great stuff. im hoping we can now put this into our away performances. huddlestone and tianio should be our away midfielders at the bery least. they both have bite, and can hussle i nmidfield. its what we really are missing in all of our away games.

Advertisement