Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keane's injury?

Options
  • 06-12-2006 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Just watched the game.

Despite the handbag session it was a good performance. We were the stronger side and should have really finished a few more chances. Keane's goal was spectacular. Berb's wasnt too bad either :)

Is there any news on Keane's injury? looked like left knee problem - seemed fairly serious.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 browbrow

Scan on Keane's knee today, he signalled to the bench straight away last night lets hope it was more precautionary than anything else.
    Was a good performance, Huddlestone looks to be the real deal in that anchor role, delivers a mean set-piece too.
    Only concern is Defoe, Wigan game apart, ive lost all confidence in him finishing the chances the team is now creating for him... We need one of our strikers to go on and get 20+ goals to become consistent top 4 contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

It was a deserved win ..even though we nearly threw it away with poor defending for their goal... I thought that with Huddleston in the team and zokora making some of his surging runs we looked pretty good...Boro didn't really create anything for most of the match and i was was happier that Lee was brought in for BAE ..perhaps the guy just needs a little more time to settle. We could definately do with a left footed player though !!

Atleast up front we had a few good chances and i'm sure that Defoe would score most of them normally ...he just needs a good run in the team ..but thats gonna be difficult when someone like Keane comes on and score the winner within 2 minutes of coming on

Jol reckons Keane maybe fit for Saturday so here's hoping his injury isn't that bad ... We are only 3 points away from 3rd spot and there is still plenty more to play for... COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

browbrow wrote:
    Only concern is Defoe

Robbie's goal aside last night, do you really see him getting into the positions he'd need to be a 20+ goals a season striker?

I think a confident Defoe playing alongside Berbatov week in, week out, is our best chance of scoring regularly. Thats not a criticsm of Keane, who is a wonderful player in his own right. Rotation for rotation's sake is the wrong option though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 browbrow

As much as i admire Keane and the work and effort he puts into each performance he will never be a 20+ goal a season forward. He offers so much more in terms of work-rate and creativity to the team which makes it difficult to leave him out, but i believe like you that defoe is our best bet for the kind of greaves/Allen/lineker/klinsman striker that we need. I think he lacks a bit of composure in front of goal at the moment probably due to his lack of confidence, he seems to try to burst the net everytime he shoots. His finish V Wigan hopefully will show him he doenst need to be doing this..

Tottenham boss Martin Jol has revealed that Robbie Keane will be out for six weeks and Jermaine Jenas will be out for a month because of injuries.

Keane suffered his injury during Spurs' 2-1 win over Middlesbrough on Tuesday, while Jenas picked up a knock in the 3-0 defeat at Arsenal last Saturday.

Jol told Spurs' website: "Robbie has a medial ligament strain and will be out for five to six weeks.

"JJ took a blow to his ankle and he'll probably be out for four weeks."

Midfielder Jenas had just returned from a calf injury and Jol added: "It's a blow for him."

Link

:mad:

Terrible timing, but a Godsend in one way (for the Defoe/Berbatov partnership). We've a lot of games between now and Cardiff, and with Mido injured and Zokora suspended, we'll be stretched...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Assuming no further injuries maybe this isnt such a bad thing. It'll be good for the defoe/berb partnership and it will be nice to have a set strike force and a bit of consistency up front. Hopefully it will make up Jols mind as two what his favoured partnership is and personally Ib be leaning more towards the defoe/berb partnership at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Babybing wrote:
    Assuming no further injuries maybe this isnt such a bad thing. It'll be good for the defoe/berb partnership and it will be nice to have a set strike force and a bit of consistency up front. Hopefully it will make up Jols mind as two what his favoured partnership is and personally Ib be leaning more towards the defoe/berb partnership at the moment.

ah, I think we'll be fine. Defoe and Berby are a good pairing and Mido seems to have recovered quickly (he came on today as a sub).

nice win today anyway. hoping for an away in our next 2 games (Man City or Newcastle):D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

nice win today anyway. hoping for an away in our next 2 games (Man City or Newcastle):D[/QUOTE]

There'd be nothing wrong with TWO away wins (against City and Newcastle), now that Berbatov has "found his feet" in the Premiership!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

ruiseal wrote:
    nice win today anyway. hoping for an away in our next 2 games (Man City or Newcastle):D

There'd be nothing wrong with TWO away wins (against City and Newcastle), now that Berbatov has "found his feet" in the Premiership![/QUOTE]
    well ,yeah that would be even better. we've got a few winable games coming up. time to get into the top 6...:)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote:
    we've got a few winable games coming up

With our away form anything could happen...:(

Citeh are unbeaten at home this season (W4 D4) and Newcastle have started to put a decent run together, not losing in their last 5. They are facing a bit of an injury crisis though, I'mhopeful we can take advantage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement