Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii Pre-order Purchase Warning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Good to know they've clarified things (if there was a crisis to begin with, that is)

That said, if they have taken more PO's than they can offer, there'll still be tears on Friday morning... and maybe even some blood :O

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

flogen wrote:
    That said, if they have taken more PO's than they can offer, there'll still be tears on Friday morning... and maybe even some blood :O
    *packs tissues and bandages*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I dont think Im in the 1st 72 pre-orders :(

This is horrible, my Christmas plans are ruined!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

any ideas on galway guys im number 38 will i be getting 1 (i dont trust the guys in game in galway they seem quite retarded:()

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

The word (from on high) in GAME is: all phase 1 ($1) preorders will be fulfilled on Friday. All Staff, and 80% of Phase 2 ($2) preorders, will be fulfilled on Friday. The balance of $2 will be fulfilled pre Xmas. The machine is €269.99, there are no forced bundles.. but some discounted bundles available.. no detail until Friday. This has always been the case. Communication ends :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Bowser wrote:
    I work for GAME and just got notification that GAME will not get enough stock to fulfil preorders for the Nintendo Wii. As a result the district manager sent an email around preventing staff (even though they may have been among the first to pre-order) from acquiring their consoles.

GAME in Blanchardstown are getting 72 delivered to their store and had roughly that number of pre-orders before taking a 2nd batch which they are unable to fulfil. Im not too sure who this will impact exactly, but as a disgrunteled member of staff i'm venting my anger not at Nintendo but at GAME who took additional pre-orders they knew they may not have been able to fulfill (Blame the regional and commercial managers not the managers of each store). I advise all people who preordered to ring whatever store they obtained their pre-order.

I will check back on this thread to answer questions as soon as i know more.

Regards,

angry GAME employee

Edit: If it's in the wrong thread please move it, thanks

Total BS. See previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Absolam wrote:
    Total BS. See previous post.

so who are you the head manager ??

Nope.. but I know enough to know game district managers can't email stores...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Bowser

Absolam wrote:
    Nope.. but I know enough to know game district managers can't email stores...

Can regional? I was a bit tipsy when i wrote the orginal message and annoyed. It was a regional manager that sent the email from what i was told.

Anyway most phase 1 will get their wiis. No phase 2 will because there was no deposit at phase 2 just registered interest. Phase 3 are guaranteed theirs before xmas. At least in Blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Has anyone else recieved a phonecall from game saying to pick it up at [insert date/time here] ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got one basically sayin it'll be available for me when the shop opens at 8am Friday, is that what you meant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Yep d22, had a second call there the other day confirming the pack we are getting etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

That would have been such a ****ty thing to do to staff. Glad it looks like its not gonna happen.

Bowser wrote:
    Can regional? I was a bit tipsy when i wrote the orginal message and annoyed. It was a regional manager that sent the email from what i was told.

Anyway most phase 1 will get their wiis. No phase 2 will because there was no deposit at phase 2 just registered interest. Phase 3 are guaranteed theirs before xmas. At least in Blanch.

No one said staff wouldn't get their machines.. only that they wouldn't get them before anyone else. And there are 2 phases.. in all Game Stores. Most of both phases are available on Friday.. just some of phase 2 will be waiting another week or so.

Im phase 2 and staff. So hopefully I get mine tomorrow.

And Bowser....I know who you are :p

Do tell :p

(phase 1 deposit and staff here, ordered since late September)

Oh he's one of my co-workers in GAME Blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Bowser wrote:
    I work for GAME and just got notification that GAME will not get enough stock to fulfil preorders for the Nintendo Wii. As a result the district manager sent an email around preventing staff (even though they may have been among the first to pre-order) from acquiring their consoles.

Well in game blanchardtown this morning there were a number of employees walking away with Wii's under their arms before they lifted the shutter and let the public in. So someone isn't going by the rules. I got mine though I game and their generally snotty nosed rubbish staff can do what they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

CrimsonGhost, read on, it turned out employees could buy if they were among the first wave of pre-orders (like customers that can get them). It's likely they pre-ordered theirs early on too.

/me strokes Wii - preordered since September :D
    generally snotty nosed rubbish staff can do what they like.
    I find that quite offensive tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I got mine! It is shiny and I <3 it ^_^

Got playing Sports with 3 others this morning. Wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Me luffs ma Wii too :D
    Was playin Tennis from Wii Sports earlier today, followed my more tennis and bowling :D
    It's so much more fun when ye get playin it than I even thought

their generally snotty nosed rubbish staff can do what they like.
    Sorry mate that's not on tbh. I am one of those staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Slurms wrote:
    Sorry mate that's not on tbh. I am one of those staff.

Given my experience of staff in Game Blanchardstown this is predominately how I see them. They're not helpful. They don't know their stock, esp in terms of what they are getting in. They aren't even courteous when dealing with customers. They have a total disregard for the age ratings on games when selling them. And on more than one occasion I've seen them give bad advice to customers.

That said due to a ****-up in Blanch recently I was forced to head into the Dawson street branch. It's like a completely different store. The staff were very friendly, very helpful and the overall feeling was I'd rather take the time to travel into the branch in town to pick up future purchases than deal with the staff in the Blanch branch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Given my experience of staff in Game Blanchardstown this is predominately how I see them. They're not helpful. They don't know their stock, esp in terms of what they are getting in. They aren't even courteous when dealing with customers. They have a total disregard for the age ratings on games when selling them. And on more than one occasion I've seen them give bad advice to customers.

That said due to a ****-up in Blanch recently I was forced to head into the Dawson street branch. It's like a completely different store. The staff were very friendly, very helpful and the overall feeling was I'd rather take the time to travel into the branch in town to pick up future purchases than deal with the staff in the Blanch branch again.

Staff in Blanch are mostly friendly enough whenever I'm there. But they lose points when one of them tried to convince my friend that he "didn't want a Wii as an Xbox360 was much better." My friend just laughed, convinced him he did in fact want to pre-order a Wii and is extremely happy with it now! Also on the launch day the staff had it all sorted and no problems went down at all. So I guess I've had the opposite experience to you!

As for disregard for age ratings, I've seen them not sell games to kids before but it doesn't work - kid just went straight to "Mammy, mammy mammy!" and she bought GTA instead. Some parents eh, wah wah? :rolleyes:

I've always found the staff in Blanch nice, forgotten the names of the guys I've spoken to in there before, think some of them might have left.

The other day though a manager (I think, guy in suit) was telling a customer not to feel bad there were no Wiis, and that he should wait a year anyway, because "these early ones always break" (ah yes, Nintendo are totally known for making faulty consoles) and that he wasn't interested in it himself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

So is the Wii sold out ya? Excuse my oblivious nature to the whole thing, but I wouldn't mind getting one for Xmas.

Please dont lambast me if they've been sold out since 8.30am friday or something, just want to know if it is possible at all to get one for xmas! I haven't been following the developments closely.

Cheers

justfortherecor,
    Check out the Nintendo board (Games-> Consoles-> Nintendo) for specific info. Sold out everywhere. It'll be very very very hard to get one before Christmas, I'd say. You'll have to keep ringing around and you'll probably have to queue somewhere if you know they're getting stock in.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Oh, never saw that Nintendo board tucked away there.
    Cheers mate.

• Advertisement

They don't know their stock, esp in terms of what they are getting in.
    We dont make orders for delivery. We're just sent stock, we only know what we have when we have it.

dude you're entitled to your opinion, but dont tar every staff member with the same brush. I take pride in my customer service and so do alot of our staff

Advertisement