Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album Archive on Phantom 105.2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

DMC wrote:
    Where's my Air on the hitlist? :)

Doh! Sorry about that DMC. It's now been added!

Big News! :eek:

The Album Archive is moving slots!! You'll now find us on Sunday nights at 9pm on Phantom 105.2 in the old two pete's hour as they go on a well deserved summer hiatus!

So tune in this Sunday at 9pm to hear all about Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

catch--22 wrote:
    Doh! Sorry about that DMC. It's now been added!

Woo! Nice one! Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

catch--22 wrote:
    Big News! :eek:

The Album Archive is moving slots!! You'll now find us on Sunday nights at 9pm on Phantom 105.2 in the old two pete's hour as they go on a well deserved summer hiatus!

So tune in this Sunday at 9pm to hear all about Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols! :)

And the hiatus had better be temporary ;)

And the hiatus had better be temporary ;)

Ha ha! Don't worry Ger....just a summer break! ;)

• Advertisement

Next week on the Album Archive we'll be looking at Jeff Buckley’s' 'Grace' to coincide with the 10 year anniversary of his death this Tuesday.

Don't forget we are on at the new time of 9pm on Sunday night with a repeat every Sunday morning between 7 and 8. So if you missed last nights show on the Sex Pistols you can get a second chance to hear it next Sunday morning!

Also, don't forget to check out our new companion blog with daily updates.

And check out our page on Phantom.ie

Next week on the show we're looking at Tom Waits' Closing Time from 1973. Check out the site and the blog for more info folks!

Next Sunday at 9pm, only on Phantom 105.2

This week makes 10 years since the release of Radiohead's 3rd studio outing and often regarded as one of the all time great albums; OK Computer.

So, is it one of the greatest of all time? Is it even Radiohead's greatest record? Tune in and make up your own mind this Sunday night at 9pm, only on Phantom 105.2.

Don't forget we will have a repeat of our Tom Waits Closing Time show this coming Sunday morning at 7.

This week on the Album Archive we're looking at the huge Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness from 1995 by The Smashing Pumpkins!

So tune in next Sunday at 9pm....lets see how many tracks we can fit in! :rolleyes:

Don't forget the Album Archive page on phantom.ie and also our Blog!

Next week we're looking at Muse: Origin of Symmetry!

Tune in from 9pm this Sunday only on Phantom 105.2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭-Lithium-

I somehow managed to miss Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness yesterday. Will that be repeated at some ridiculously early time next weekend?

I really enjoyed OK Computer by the way.

-Lithium- wrote:
    I somehow managed to miss Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness yesterday. Will that be repeated at some ridiculously early time next weekend?

I really enjoyed OK Computer by the way.

Yeah, repeated at 7am next sunday morning! I think the best way to catch it would be to stay up from the night before!:rolleyes: Sorry it's so early! And thanks for tuning in for Radiohead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

s16.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

just had to say that i love the album archive show, the elliot smith one was great, i was driving from a gig in blessington and it was just started and was such good company

did i see somebody siggest air for the album archive? coz that'd be great, i woulnd't know which of their albums to pick

keep up the good work

thedrowner wrote:
    just had to say that i love the album archive show, the elliot smith one was great, i was driving from a gig in blessington and it was just started and was such good company

did i see somebody siggest air for the album archive? coz that'd be great, i woulnd't know which of their albums to pick

keep up the good work

Thanks for the feedback....much appreciated! Yes....Air 'Moon Safari' has been added to the hitlist. If there are any other albums you want included just post them here or leave a message on the blog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭-Lithium-

catch--22 wrote:
    Yeah, repeated at 7am next sunday morning! I think the best way to catch it would be to stay up from the night before!:rolleyes: Sorry it's so early! And thanks for tuning in for Radiohead!

Good idea! I'll do that. Thanks :).

This week on the show we'll be looking at Bob Dylan's Blonde on Blonde. This Sunday from 9pm on Phantom 105.2

This Sunday we will be looking at the 1965 debut (and only) recording by Jackson C. Frank. Find out what terrible childhood accident left him scarred for life, what famous singer songwriter produced this amazing album and the tragic remainder to his life.

Sunday at 9pm on Phantom 105.2

DMC wrote:
    Where's my Air on the hitlist? :)

Next week on the album archive it's Air and Moon Safari! Whoop!

Sunday at 9pm.

Anyone catch last nights episode with Jackson C. Frank? Any thoughts?

80's hard rock classic next week....we're looking at Guns N'Roses and Appetite for Destruction!

Sunday 9pm...Phantom 105.2.

Any more suggestions for the hitlist people?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

On behalf of Catch, who's off galavanting for a few days, this Sunday he'll be looking at Johnny Cash - American IV: The Man Comes Around

Nice

Apologies about lack of info ... been away on holidays.

Up next week is REM - New Adventures in Hi-Fi (1996)

Next Sunday from 9pm on Phantom 105.2

To tie in with Electric Picnic this weekend we're looking at the Beastie Boys Ill Communication! Sunday 9pm on the Album Archive!

This week on the Album Archive we're looking at Nirvana - Nevermind. Sunday at 9pm!

Tune in!

I have moved this blog over to wordpress so we now have a new URL.

If you were kind enough to bookmark or link the old blog it would be great if you would update your links to this:

http://albumarchive.wordpress.com/

All updates will now be done over on the new blog so see you there!

And in show news...next week we're looking at Simon and Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water! Sunday at 9pm!

Sunday 9pm on Phantom 105.2 the Album Archive will be looking at oasis - (Whats the Story) Morning Glory? 1995

This week on the Album Archive we're looking at Ash' second offering, the troubled Nu-Clear Sounds.

This coming Sunday at 9pm on Phantom 105.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 theshiels

Ever see a fugazi album on the horizon? Would be great for fans and maybe draw more people into their web of wonderment..

Good call...I'll get one onto the list ASAP!

• Advertisement

BTW....up next week we have Queens of the Stone Age - Songs For the Deaf!

Advertisement