Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for food for big family dinner?

• 06-12-2006 2:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any good suggestions for salads/side orders that are easy enough to make (or buy!) and will serve a lot of people?

I'm graduating on Tuesday (whoo-hoo!) and going to be having about 25 people over for dinner in the evening time. We've sorted out the main courses (lasagne or chicken curry) but I need ideas for what to serve with them.

I was thinking of just putting loads of bowls of side orders on the table and people could help themselves - but really need suggestions for what these should be!! Just loads of salads? Maybe a couple of hot things?

I'm usually pretty good with this kind of thing but er, obviously not this time :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

have you thought about a Vegiterian Option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Nah, they're all meat-eaters (don't worry, I checked!)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Superquinn do lovely Caesar salad's and different types of garlic bread which would be great with lasagne especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Good idea, I'll check out Superquinn - readymade salads could be good. Was thinking I was going to have to do all the work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Caprese salad is always a good option, easy to make as well. I'd advise using sea salt and a good balsamic vinegar. Doing something with roasted bell peppers is also incredibly easy

• Advertisement
Advertisement